No announcement yet.

Champions League 2010/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair the defenders stood off and someone did a half hearted tackle ala Peter Reid Maradonna.

Comment

There could actually be some fallout to this farce.

UEFA banned both sides from doing post match interviews.

Comment

I wont argue with regards to the general cheating. But it surprises me the hatred is all for Barca, yes it was a poor example of play acting on their behalf but Real were just as bad at points.

Pepe's was definitely a straight red too. Messi's second goal was very good.

Comment

They were both bad but Barcelona were far worse.

I'd have called a yellow for that tackle harsh, let alone a red. Barcelona certainly get this incredibly questionable decisions against them often...

Comment

Honestly? A high foot with studs showing and hitting the players leg with the studs? To me that is dangerous play and a straight red, seen reds given for that quite a few times.

Its different catching the top of a players foot with your studs but going in like that and catching a player at shin height is extremely dangerous.

Comment

There was barely, if any contact and it wasn't dangerous, he was never going to injure someone from that. At most it was high foot. At most.

Comment

It was a foul but in no way a red card, it was very low and the studs were not what I would call fully shown at all.

I doubt the ref would have even given the card if it wasnt for the fact that Alves seemed to actualy be hurt by it and then 7 barca players swarmed the ref waving for a card.

They are a disgrace.

Comment

I'd have to watch it again but from what I saw there was definite contact from Pepe and it looked reckless. Intent seemed to be there, so regardless of the contact it would still have been a red in my opinion.

I'll try to catch it again. I didn't have any preference as to who won either of the semi finals but the Madrid setup is so negative I got bored of the match, at the same time the play acting really detracted from the spectacle of it all.

All in all it was a very underwhelming match. Well, apart from the second goal. That was quite good.
                  Last edited by Adrock; 27-04-2011, 21:36.

Comment

Never a red card in a million years. Give your head a shake rather than the end of your cock!

Comment

Not that I want to watch boring football but from a tactical standpoint i think it was the right thing for Madrid to do.

Madrid set up like they did becuase they have had good results from doing so against Barca over the last few weeks.

Too for them bad the ref was constantly hounded by a bunch of cheats until he let them get what they wanted.

Comment

Oh, it was a straight red for sure. It was at knee height, no intention to play the ball. Reckless charge, potentially dangerous. What Marcelo did was even dirtier though.

Awful display by Real in own fricking stadium. They stood there like pussies. I'm actually happy that Barcelona won, Real was a disgrace. In the less important copa they actually took more risks and held Barcelona at bay for 45 minutes which was kind of a good display. But this Barcelona is too good regardless. I'd be very surprised if they don't win the final.

Both side made theatrics, Di Maria being the worst imho. But no one who even remotely like the sport can have sympathy for todays Real Madrid. They killed the game.
                        Last edited by saturn-gamer; 27-04-2011, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                          It was a foul but in no way a red card, it was very low and the studs were not what I would call fully shown at all.

I doubt the ref would have even given the card if it wasnt for the fact that Alves seemed to actualy be hurt by it and then 7 barca players swarmed the ref waving for a card.

They are a disgrace.
                          Agree totally, never a red in a million years. Cannot stand Barcelona, for all their technical excellency they are a prime example of everything that is wrong with modern football.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            Never a red card in a million years. Give your head a shake rather than the end of your cock!
                            Why would I shake the end of my cock? I'm confused. Have I missed a joke?

Comment

I thought it was a bad challenge but a yellow card only. And as for Barca cheating i thought Ronaldo & Di Maria were the worst of all. Would rather Real Madrid in the final though as i don't fancy our chances (Man UTD) against Barca.

Comment

I thought the match encapsulated the very best of football: Messi's second goal (which was poetry in motion and one of the best I've ever seen) and the very worst of football: the incessant diving, whining and cheating. In fact you could say it was a microcosm of the entire sport, moments of rare artistry and majesty, but mainly shame and deceit.

Comment

Working...
                                X