No announcement yet.

Champions League 2010/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Twente as well, that's a great group, nice easy travel for the away matches.

Comment

Group A Inter, Werder Bremen, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Twente
      Group B: Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel Aviv
      Group C: Manchester United , Valencia, Rangers, Bursaspor
      Group D: Barcelona, Panathinaikos, Copenhagen, FC Rubin Kazan
      Group E: Bayern Munich, Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj
      Group F: Chelsea, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, MSK Zilina
      Group G: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre
      Group H: Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, SC Braga, FK Partizan

I'm fairly happy with United's group.

Comment

Group A: Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, TOTTENHAM, FC Twente
        Group B: Lyon, Benfica, Schalke, Hapoel Tel Aviv
        Group C: MANCHESTER UNITED, Valencia, RANGERS, Bursaspor
        Group D: FC Barcelona, Panathinaikos, FC Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan
        Group E: Bayern Munich, AS Roma, FC Basel, CFR Cluj
        Group F: CHELSEA, Marseille, Spartak Moscow, MSK Zilina
        Group G: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Ajax, Auxerre
        Group H: ARSENAL, Shakhtar Donetsk, SC Braga, FK Partisan

EDIT: *shakes fist*

Comment

Group G- WOW!

Chelsea have a good group in terms of quality of the teams they face but have some awful mid-week winter trips to eastern Europe so that will be interesting.

Happy with Man Utd's group.

Arsenal have it quite easy and nice entry for Spurs into the CL by facing the reigning champions. I think they have a good chance to prgress from that group though.
          Last edited by C'; 26-08-2010, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post

EDIT: *shakes fist*
            LOL

Group G features three of the most successful teams in the history of the European Cup. Real Madrid have won it 9 times, Milan 7 times and Ajax 4 times. European elite indeed.

Comment

Arsenal and Barca have got to be the 2 happiest teams in that draw.

Comment

Happy with our group. No British teams and it should be relatively smooth sailing with those teams.

Arsenal lucked out but Man U have a slightly tougher group which will hopefully have a bigger impact on their league performance.

Comment

Lol.

Will lady luck finally be on your side in the knock out stages?

The final will be at Wembley. How exotic.

Comment

happy in theory with Arsenal's group but quite a lot of travelling there and we have history of slipping up after long flights.

that said all 3 should be put to the sword at Fortress Ashburton.

toughy for Spurs, the radio making me laugh with Micky Hazzard predicting 4 points off Inter for Spurs and Werder being no issue.

As its their first season back and they've not covered themselves in UEFA Cup glory I make Spurs 50:50 to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                      Lol.

Will lady luck finally be on your side in the knock out stages?

The final will be at Wembley. How exotic.
                      If we get another barcelona draw and it's affected by questionable decisions in barcelona's favour, I'll be depressed (after I get over the immense rage).

It was almost refreshing that Chelsea got knocked out by a team that was clearly better and whose goals were legit last season.

Comment

It doesn't feel like the Champions League without a Liverpool Vs Chelsea match.

Comment

Group G is awesome, kind of jealous off Ajax. I wonder if can get a ticket, cheering for Jose's Merengues.

But in reality Ajax isn't the superpower anymore, and Milan isn't either. Real Madrid should be able to take that group with ease, if Jose gets it running in time.

Arsenal is through, but Shaktar is fairly good as well.
                          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 26-08-2010, 19:12.

Comment

Rangers are doing exactly what you'd expect playing away. Man U haven't offered much to break them down though.

May switch over to the Spurs game, sounds more interesting.

Comment

We discussed match choice tonight at work and agreed utd v the defensive jocks was always going to stink, spurs game been v good and now has added comedy value as they've lobbed a 2 goal lead away

Comment

Now that I've switched over, it'll end 2-2 and the Man U game will end a thrilling 2-1.

I have that kind of luck

Comment

Working...
                                X