No announcement yet.

Champions League 2010/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcelona has obvious problems with scoring. Sounds strange with a 5-1 victory, but seriously that should've been 11-1.

Those guys, especially with Villa now, play awfully good on offense (even though its just Panathinaikos).. I'm afraid they'll be top favourites yet again.

Comment

Ronaldo hasn't changed one bit it seems

Comment

The hilarious thing was on Sky's highlights programme where Richard Keys said "We don't like to see that kind of thing. Do you think it's crept back into his game since he moved back abroad?"

Yup, those dastardly foreign types have corrupted him again after the English cured him of his cheating ways

Comment

Aparently it was another debacle from Mr Webb too. 2nd Milan goal was offside. Ronaldo certainly should've been carded for that.

Comment

Would like to see those two Real Madrid players get an extra game added on to their bans.

I know it's by the book and in the rules and players do do this sort of thing quite often but... If ever there's an appropriate time for bringing the game into disrepute, now is the time. It's disrepectful to the other team and it's disrespectful to the game to do it so blatently.

Comment

Haha, I was actually laughing my ass off there. Disrespectful? yes, but I would lie if I said I don't enjoy Ajax and Jol being humiliated like this. Those guys completely lost it, also in competition. That Jol does nothing but complaining about everything, hes never being respectful towards opponents too. And then Suarez... hes fricking bitten a PSV player in the neck.. its hilarious

That, and I like Real Madrid a lot, although it waned when Perez began with his galactico crap. Still think their white jersey and history is magic.

But Mourinho clearly gave the order, and Dudek was apparently running towards Iker for instructions. It was Mourinho's plan to save them up for the knockout stages.
              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 23-11-2010, 22:16.

Comment

The referee should have had the nous not to send them off - who needs to waste time at 4-0 up? UEFA should simply revoke the two second yellows.

Comment

Then he could get in trouble for missing a blatent yellow card offence

Comment

A revoke would be very hard to do. Delaying the game is always intentional, and its a yellow card after ignoring a warning. Its a clear cut foul, no matter what the situation.

The ref can't do anything else than book these guys. He could give another warning, but those players would simply continue with trying to get carded.

The UEFA can't do anything I think. Getting an intentional yellow happens a lot in tournaments, but almost never in the way as it happened during this match so I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Comment

UEFA got the same problem with this as the Eduardo dive, it will open them to ridicule and banning players every week if they sanction the Madrid players so they'll let it go.

Good luck to Real too, it's a stupid rule and I love seeing Mourinho sticking 2 fingers up to the top brass.

Comment

I imagine they'll dish out a fine for 'bringing the game into disrepute' and leave it at that.

Comment

Some disgraceful dives yesterday by Man City.

Comment

Interesting table showing who each team is most likely to end up facing in the draw on Friday:

Comment

Sucks for Arsenal.

Bet they get Schalke though.

Comment

we got what we deserved for being total mongs and messing up our easy group after winning the first 3 matches.

Comment

Working...
                                X