No announcement yet.

January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carroll has hit a woman (cautioned for it), had charges dropped for lack of evidence about hitting his ex-girlfriend, glassed a guy in the pub and got in 2 full on fights with team mates. All before his 22nd birthday.

If you stand close enough to him, you'll even hear a ticking sound...

Comment

Carroll & Suarez seems a more balanced pair than Torres & Suarez, I think that's sounding quite decent, in theory at least.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        Carroll has hit a woman (cautioned for it), had charges dropped for lack of evidence about hitting his ex-girlfriend, glassed a guy in the pub and got in 2 full on fights with team mates. All before his 22nd birthday.

If you stand close enough to him, you'll even hear a ticking sound...
        And Suarez just finished a 7-match ban for biting. Awesome.

Comment

Is it even really strikers they need most?

Sure a replacement for Torres but Torres was struggling not just because of form but also because Liverpool didn't have someone who could deliver the ball to him.

Comment

I think Carrol and Suarez is a very decent front line. One has pace, dribbling skills, tricks, take a free-kick and can defo find the goal. The other is tall, strong, will hold the ball up and score with a header and legs.

One is a bar brawler and the other is a cannibal. No one will mess with us

Gonna have to be positive, whatever happens now.

Torres has sailed. I wish him the best, and thankful for the goals, but I also wish him the worst too :P

Torres did get service, but there were a lot of times he was either in the wrong place or not really going in bravely. He used to. I think when Kenny came in, he perked up. Now it's a case of does he want to gamble at mid-table-ish reds, with no real transfers coming in (at the time), or does he want big bucks at a team with a better squad, who he may get some trophies with? Either venture could still go either way though.
            Last edited by hudson; 31-01-2011, 15:06.

Comment

Well, we only have two senior strikers on the books if Torres leaves (Suarez and Ngog), so I would say it's a fairly pressing issue.

Comment

Chelsea v Liverpool next weekend could be hilarious.

Comment

Other less interesting news.

James Beattie and Andy Reid going to Blackpool.

Man City want Seb Larrson on loan from Brum.

Villa close to signing USA midfielder Michael Bradley.

Obafemi Martins having medical at Brum

oh and Ian Holloway is talking about bags of carrotts!

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                    Chelsea v Liverpool next weekend could be hilarious.
                    I'll be bringing a carrier bag full of screws.

Comment

Oh look, Forest have signed another striker. I swear Billy Davies has a fetish for them or something...

Comment

According to SkySports News, Man Utd are saying Howard Webb is not for sale. Damn!

Comment

Heh.

Bookies slashing the odds of Charlie Adam going to Man U now apparently. If they sign him, I can imagine a few of the underperforming second string at Man U looking over their shoulders nervously.

Comment

Ohh, the Sky Sports web site transfer window ticker / Sky Bet advert-a-thon thingy is reporting that Newcastle are saying they have rejected Liverpool's second bid for Carroll.

Comment

Lets see them go for £40 million, lets really raise the comedy bar here...

Comment

Walk away please. There are strikers such as Negredo out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X