January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glazza View Post
    I think its a give away at 50 mill Torres-Chelsea i realy do and i say that because if C.Ronaldo is worth 80million then surely Torres is worth the same because hes simply top drawer material and is at a realy good age too.
    Cant say i agree to be honest, seems to me like he can't entirely handle the power of the premier league as he seems to keep picking up injuries and never being 100% fit despite his great start at Liverpool.
    I genuinely believed he would wait until the summer and go to Barca for a big amount to link up with Villa.
    Around ?35m would have been about right for me.

As far as ?35m for Carroll is concerned, I bet people who are thinking clearly realize ?32m for Berbatov a couple of years ago are now thinking that was a steal!

Comment

Originally posted by Si Man 87 View Post
      Cant say i agree to be honest, seems to me like he can't entirely handle the power of the premier league as he seems to keep picking up injuries and never being 100% fit despite his great start at Liverpool.
      I genuinely believed he would wait until the summer and go to Barca for a big amount to link up with Villa.
      Around ?35m would have been about right for me.

As far as ?35m for Carroll is concerned, I bet people who are thinking clearly realize ?32m for Berbatov a couple of years ago are now thinking that was a steal!
      Yeah I'd have to agree - Ronaldo was consistently performing and seemed to be getting physically stronger all the time. He rarely seemed to be injured. Still think Caroll is a massive risk for Liverpool.

Comment

Charlie Adam fail. Poor Harry n Charlie in the last hour Harry bidded. Teach him to leave it so late. Can't do another Van Der Vaart.

I'm a bit concerned at Chelsea we posted 70.6m losses then Roman went n broke the bank again bless him. Drogba will shield Torres hopefully that will stop him getting smashed (No Richard keys pun intended).
        Last edited by JU!; 31-01-2011, 22:12.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
          Charlie Adam fail. Poor Harry n Charlie in the last hour Harry bidded. teach him to leave it so late. I'm a bit concerned at Chelsea we posted 70.6m losses then Roman went n broke the bank again bless him.
          I guess you've gotta get all your stupid transfer fees paid before the new financial regs come in.

Comment

Yeah, looking forward to how that squares up with the UEFA financial fair play rules.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              I guess you've gotta get all your stupid transfer fees paid before the new financial regs come in.
              Thing is, it affects the accounts for the length of the contract. Say it's a 5 year contract, £50 million fee, it gets amortised over the length of the contract, £10 million each year. So big transfers like this can affect a club for a few years.

I'm sure there will be ways for the rich / big clubs to get around it though if they don't comply.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                Yeah, looking forward to how that squares up with the UEFA financial fair play rules.
                Don't know guess Roman thought forget it. It's impossible to break even anyway in football, let's try to finally win the Champions league. I'm sure Platini will be goin mental as usually over the Premier league transfer fees.
                Last edited by JU!; 31-01-2011, 22:24.

Comment

Chelsea are well on the way to meeting the regs. Don't forget, a lot of our debt was due to interest on Abramovich's loans to himself (now converted into equity), growing international fanbase, massive investment in facilities.

We've barely spent anything for 4+ transfer windows now. Exclude the first two years abramovic splashed out and Man U and City outspent use and I believe Liverpool weren't far off.
                  Last edited by abigsmurf; 31-01-2011, 22:41.

Comment

Yeah, I think they mentioned earlier on SSN that Chelsea have made a profit for the past three or four transfer windows combined. I hope a couple of big clubs break the rules though, I wanna see if Platini is true to his word that clubs will be excluded from UEFA competitions no matter how big they are

Comment

Working...
                    X