No announcement yet.

January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe people think there is even a slight chance of Redknapp bringing down Spurs. It is laughable. Levy is far to clever to let Redknapp have carte blanche. Take Joe Cole for example.

Comment

Chelsea had a 17.5mil bid for David Luiz turned down. We need another quality defender to stop giving away stupid stupid goals. Arsenal and Villa were both games where a lack of focus defending threw away points.

Also need alternatives to Ramieres and Kalou. Both have been absolutely woeful.

Comment

Ronaldinho to Blackburn. WHAT?

Do Blackburn even have a manager?

Comment

Originally posted by PH2 View Post
          I can't believe people think there is even a slight chance of Redknapp bringing down Spurs. It is laughable. Levy is far to clever to let Redknapp have carte blanche. Take Joe Cole for example.
          I can believe that people believe it. After all, Redknapp ruined West Ham's finances to put them in the state they're in now. Sure, Redknapp left in 2001, they've had loads of managers since, relegation and two years in the Championship, an Icelandic owner who's business empire collapsed while he was in charge of the club... but it was all Redknapp's fault really!!!

In actual news, Sky are reporting that Roberto Mancini has confirmed that Man City have agreed a deal for Edin Dzeko.

Spurs are in for Luis Suarez too, according to various reports. If that comes off we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that he's more Van Nistelrooy than Kezman!

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
            Spurs are in for Luis Suarez too, according to various reports. If that comes off we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that he's more Van Nistelrooy than Kezman!
            Just seen on SSN that honest Harry says there is absolutely no truth in the Suarez rumours, so expect to see Luis in a Spurs shirt in say what, the next day or two.

Other rumours via Graham Hunter. He seems convinced that Pienaar will be a Spurs player this window (if we can agree a fee with Everton) or in the summer for free. He has also said that we have watched both Llorente and Cazorla a lot recently and H would love to get both of them in. Would be brilliant if we could get Llorente although I have to say realistically there would only be a very slim chance.

Comment

Originally posted by PH2 View Post
              Just seen on SSN that honest Harry says there is absolutely no truth in the Suarez rumours, so expect to see Luis in a Spurs shirt in say what, the next day or two.

Other rumours via Graham Hunter. He seems convinced that Pienaar will be a Spurs player this window (if we can agree a fee with Everton) or in the summer for free. He has also said that we have watched both Llorente and Cazorla a lot recently and H would love to get both of them in. Would be brilliant if we could get Llorente although I have to say realistically there would only be a very slim chance.
              I'd prefer Llorente to Suarez personally, from what I've seen of him in occasional matches on Sky he seems to have more in his locker. Problem is Spanish players often don't travel well (with some obvious exceptions) but every transfer has risks.

Comment

I just can't want for old saggy chops to get banged up for his dodgy tax deals. The bloke is pure slime.

Comment

Finally got the courage to look at my team.

Gone from the top 10 down to 20th. Chelsea's form reflects my own (not amazingly surprising given they're my biggest signings but still)

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                    Pay up and have Tudgay then!
                    We have.

Comment

Apparently bookies have suspended prices on Eddie Howe of Bournemouth being the next Crystal Palace manager.

Comment

This would be fairly weird if it turned out to be true and actually happened. From Football365:

SPURS IN ADVANCED TALKS FOR...PHIL NEVILLE!
                        The shock transfer of the January window? It sure would be...

Both The Sun and The Daily Mail are reporting that Tottenham are bidding to sign Phil Neville from Everton.

According to the Mail, 'Talks between the clubs are at an advanced stage and Redknapp is increasingly confident of landing the 33-year-old former Manchester United defender.'

'A fee of around £1.5million has been proposed but Everton manager David Moyes, while reluctant to see his captain leave, might be prepared to consider a player exchange.'

Roman Pavlyuchenko heading to Goodison then? Maybe.

However, The Sun says that the 'Mersey side will fight tooth and nail to hang on to one of the few men to keep the shackles on Spurs flier Gareth Bale this season.

'Neville, 34 in a fortnight, has 18 months left on his Everton contract and is awaiting news of another.

'Everton boss David Moyes has constantly insisted Neville has been one of the main reasons the side has more than held its own in the Premier League.'

Comment

As a 'big' club, it'd be utterly bizarre to buy a player that old for a key position.

You're taking a gamble he'll fit in for what? 1,2 seasons from a player in decline?

Comment

Don't have a problem with the age if a player is good enough, nor the fee, even if you got two seasons out of him 750K per year is hardly anything in football these days.

Bringing in Gallas was a good move for his experience as a winner with Chelsea and Arsenal, he's a quality player, and we often have injury problems in his position.

We're well stocked at right back with Hutton and Corluka though, you can bring back Naughton or Walker from loan who can both play there. I don't think Phil Neville is as good as Gallas either (in their respective positions).

I can only see the point if Hutton or Corluka are leaving, we're not allowed to recall either of the youngsters from loan, and we need someone dependable and experienced on the cheap to cover the right back position.

Comment

Everton need a bit of leadership, could be a good buy though I'm as surprised as everyone else. I suspect Everton are losing a few players this transfer, and Moyes is spending what little he can to keep them up.

Comment

Phil Neville is pretty reliable. And he is also versatile in that he can play in both full back positions, as well as centre midfield.

Blackburn can stop dreaming about Ronaldinho for he has return to Brazil to join Flamengo lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X