No announcement yet.

January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the feeling we're going to have a lot of fun with Blackburn's new owners this transfer window.

Comment

Wayne Bridge going to West Ham adding to the many Chelsea rejects who have joined the club

Comment

Chelsea have pipped Spurs in the race to sign Pienaar.

Comment

One of the two Everton players I rate so I'm fairly pleased with that signing.

Comment

Seems Forest have offered a trial to Tshabalala.

See, Davies just can't get enough forwards...

Comment

Prinny is going to be happy: Aston Villa have made an £18 million bid for Darren Bent, and he has now handed in a transfer request!

Haven't seen it hit the web yet, but it's all over Sky Sports News.

Comment

That is bad news! Sunderland are better than Villa though.

Comment

Wow i'm very surprised, what motive could Bent have for wanting to join Villa at the minute.....they've underperformed this season and Sunderland are doing very well, what's the point?

Comment

Starting to appear on the web now too, Sky Sports and BBC.

Surely the motivation must be bigger wages? Not really a huge difference between the clubs (especially as Sunderland are doing much better this season) and Bent is one of the first names on the team sheet at Sunderland. It's not like Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea have come in for him.

You'd have thought he couldn't be much happier where he is. Maybe there are personal reasons we're not privy to?

Comment

Robbie Keane isn't coming to Brum anymore, i suspect they disagree on wage demands.

Blues desperately need a goalscorer (this has been the case since Steve Clarridge left us!)

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                        Prinny is going to be happy: Aston Villa have made an ?18 million bid for Darren Bent, and he has now handed in a transfer request!

Haven't seen it hit the web yet, but it's all over Sky Sports News.
                        Totally agree mate hes gonna go NUTS!!

Comment

ok... Piennar isn't coming to Chelsea despite Moyes announcing he's accepted our bid...

Obviously Harry came in with a vastly inflated offer at the last minute then. Oh well, if it means dodging another Robinho shaped bullet it's probably for the best. Harry's well known for being careful and frugal with the wages he offers players...

*edit*

Harry was mouthing off about Chelsea going for Piennar after saying they weren't. Well Harry said he wouldn't match Chelsea's bid and look what's happened. It's bad enough mouthing off about other clubs without being a hypocrite.
                          Last edited by abigsmurf; 17-01-2011, 18:09.

Comment

I can't imagine Spurs have offered more than Chelsea for wages, surely? I've read our top earners are Van der Vaart and (crazy, I know...) Crouch at £70k p/w. Even if Piennar is being offered that to join Spurs, wouldn't Chelsea have offered more?

Comment

Maybe he wants to play in the Champions League next season.

Comment

Apparently the offer from Chelsea wasn't made by the manager or board, someone else made contact. Which seems really odd, if they're right about it on the radio (which I doubt).

Comment

Working...
                                X