January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Ah a virus! I thought you had fallen in the toilet.
    Just been to doctors. Flu and sinusitis

Owen?

Comment

Urgg you can keep well away with those. Owen is a bum deal but N'Zogbia would be ace.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        Just been to doctors. Flu and sinusitis

Owen?
        Take Robbie Keane from us!!! You know you're pining for one more taste of Spurs after the feast you've had in recent years.

Comment

Would like to have Kranjcar, please. Surely he'll not get much of a look-in with all of those other guys and now Pia-pia-pia-naar knocking around the joint. Keane's wages - what are they like? May be a stumbling block.

I'd rather we didn't get Owen. Injury-ridden little cardshark can only be bad news.

Comment

Kranjcar, Keane, Dos Santos, I think we'd offload all of them if the right offer came in. Take all three and you'll probably get a discount!

Not sure what Keane's wages are like, I'd guess around 50-60K a week but that's a pure guess. Supposedly our top earner is Modric on 70K a week, but who knows, most figures in the press will be plucked out of thin air.

Comment

Thing is with this window, Maggie knew he had to get a couple of dudes in to make a push. He'd been linked with Muntari and Sessegnon. But now, he has to replace a man who has scored more goals than Brucie's had pies. It's a major complication. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the squad react to Bent riding out on them. We've only got one fit centre forward now.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                Villa fans, don't buy into any **** he says about the size and history of your club, it means sod all to him. Don't be sucked in when he's filmed kicking a knackered casey around a disused slag heap with crimo-tyke kids, to show his local hero cred. Because as soon as his place feels threatened (at Spurs by their many-forwards and at ours by Gyan and Wellbeck), or as soon as Billy Big-Bollocks Team express an interest, he'll fart in your faces and curl a big **** on your doorstep on the way out.
                I dont think Villa fans will care if he buggers off in a couple of years, right now they just need someone who will score them gaols.

I actualy dont think Sunderland will miss him much, they obviously need another striker now but the team has played so well this season and everyone up front has been pitching in with goals its hard to see his departure having much of a negative effect.

Comment

Just heard some classic ringsplatter from that fartbreath Darren Gough on Talk****e. Apparently the Bent transfer is half Bruce's fault. Why? Because Bent wanted away in the summer.

This obviously means that he held Bent at knifepoint to stay, and kept him in a cage between games. Possibly waggling his manbobs at him as a punishment. Bent's only recourse had been to put in increasingly ****e performances, to attract a Saviour to free him from this Northern Hell.

What a fat cock Gough is. Bent agreed to stay in the summer and that alone should have warranted maximum effort. Tevez has at least bust his ass since staying at City. If every manager instantly ditched a twisting little farty primadonna the moment their head was turned, especially the top player, then there'd be a massive fallout, re, accusations of lacking ambition.

Apparently, Bruce is at fault too for playing the innocent and pretending that Bent didn't want to be away. He should have had contingency plans in place since the summer. Because obviously a player who had committed his future, had 3 contracted years left, and had bothered to get a Keep The Faith tattoo, was a surefire goner 5 months down the line.

So many rumours about tapping up flying around now.

Comment

Once the strikers return to full fitness I can still see the goals flowing for SL. As good as Bent can be, he needs about 10 shots to hit the target and players like Wellbeck and Gyan can at least do the same thing. Ok Wellbeck is a loanee but I can't see him staying at OT so a potential signing if he does well. Gyan is a good striker and he could easily become no 1.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      I dont think Villa fans will care if he buggers off in a couple of years, right now they just need someone who will score them gaols.

I actualy dont think Sunderland will miss him much, they obviously need another striker now but the team has played so well this season and everyone up front has been pitching in with goals its hard to see his departure having much of a negative effect.
                      Oh, he'll score goals and be a hero and whatnot, of that I have no doubt. He did great here for a season, bloody great. I agree that they probably won't give a damn when he leaves after firing them back up the table.

But that is not the point I'm making, which is, ignore the BS. Really what I wrote was a totally unsubtle metaphor for what he did here, a spleen venting exercise if little else.

It's the manner of his previous behaviour, and how at-odds it was with his departure, that leaves the sour taste. Nearly every interview it was, 'this is the club for me, I'm so glad I came, the locals are great, look! I've got a KTF tattoo!, I read your messageboards, I've never felt so valued, i want to end my career here', etc... Then we get an incredibly quick flim-flamming and off he goes. It either makes it all look like bollocks, or totally shallow. Now I don't know what goes on dahn sahff below Darlington, but no player up here has ever made such a public exhibition of expressiing his undying devotion for the club. It doesn't really matter whether it was all bollocks in the first place, and he was playing the game, or whatever. But it has just provided a portfolio of contraditions to piss people off and he should have STFU in the first place.

That other lad we've got on loan - Elmohamady - made clear from the get-go he saw us as a stepping stone. Fine, whatever, we can deal with it, a typical mercenary footballer. But at least he didn't come up with a year's worth of fawning crap to contradict it.

On the 'not missing him' front. Well, many people agree. A guy in the Guardian wrote a great piece about how it will benefit the style of the team. But in the short-term we're in dire straights. Campbell out, Wellbeck gone for up to two months. We have only 1 fit centre forward left.
                      Last edited by prinnysquad; 20-01-2011, 16:02.

Comment

Looks like Bruce has sorted out the Bent replacement.

Comment

I think the similar kits will help speed up the settling in period.

Comment

"Fuller has a long term knee injury, as well as a problem left shoulder..."

WTF?

Don't mind him as a player, he's the type that always causes problems with his strength. On the other hand, he seems to miss an awful lot of chances. And only 3 goals this season. Still, if he could selflessly draw men away from Gyan then that could be a useful partnership.

I read one article that reported that Bruce was not going to make a marquee signing. Fine by me. We need good squad cover across the park. Left sided player, creative central player, and a centre forward needed. With another forward and a defender on a short term loan from abroad. Rather that than risk being taken for a ride and blowing a wad on some turd.

I'd like to see a team in February of

Gordon
                            Onuoha - Bramble - Whoever is fit/ new loan guy - Bardsley
                            Henderson - Cattermole - Creative Noob (Sessegnon?) - LW noob (Insomnia, please)
                            Gyan - Fuller/new loan guy

He shouldn't spend big, but he really can't scrimp this window on bodies. The squad's stretched paper-thin as it is, especially up front.

Some apparently 'in the know' arsehole on a sunlun forum yesterday insisted that Charlie Adam would be signing today for 3.5 million plus Jack Colback. What a load of rubbish!

Comment

How about O'Neil from the boro?

Comment

There should be a button on keyboards that allows you to zap anyone on a forum claiming to be 'in the know'. Almost certainly the worst thing to come out of internet football forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X