No announcement yet.

The Managerial Merry-go-round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess he didn't want to sign Marlon King either. I do get the feeling the board quite like to buy/sign players without asking the manager first.

Comment

Mcleish seems a done deal...I have suddenly got an extra ?520 quid lying around then...will use it to go somewhere sunny I think, forget about this football lark for a bit!!

Wonder what Sutton Coldfield Town and the Evo Stik South is like???

Comment

Big Sam Allardyce has already begun his transformation of West Ham. Out goes Ba and Hitzelsperger and in comes Nolan and Abdolaye Faye, a free agent for a year I think.

Looks like West Ham's good football will disappear rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
          Mcleish seems a done deal...I have suddenly got an extra ?520
          Deal eventually done, rumour has it Ben Foster has already agreed to go. I do think what Villa need this coming season is stability and although it's not an ideal situation the manager does need support.

At least we both escaped Big Sam and McLaren (mind you Bryan Robson is still available)

Comment

The Mcleish thing could get interesting.

If Villa don't pay the full ?5.2mill, they could easily end up with a 2 year transfer ban as it'd be an open and shut case if it goes to arbitration.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser View Post
              Deal eventually done, rumour has it Ben Foster has already agreed to go. I do think what Villa need this coming season is stability and although it's not an ideal situation the manager does need support.

At least we both escaped Big Sam and McLaren
              I'd have both of them before Mcleish...3 relegations, coming 3rd in a 2 horse race in Scotland with Rangers to his name if you don't take into account where we got him from. Even Mclaren doing a Brum accent at the press conferance would have been ok.

The chances of a transfer ban are nil, doesn't matter how obvious it is we tapped him up its impossible to actually prove. plus, with Oneil still winning 3 million quid after stitching us up last summer these things seem weighted in the managers favour. So with him claiming constructive dismissal I expect a million or 2 to change hands and Peter Pannu to stop his crying. However, after the outright hypocrisy and arrogance from our board I want them to sting Lerner for the 5mil tbh...

My boycott is gonna save me a fortune in train fairs, match tickets and beer though...gotta be at least 2k a season so think of the extra games I can buy!

Comment

Funny thing is I ditched my Blues season ticket after the first season/relegation - I couldn't be arsed to watch such ****e. I bought a macro lens instead!

You right about cost, for me it was around ?500 + around ?20 (pub/food/bus) per game. I thought I'd miss it, but didn't in the end (ditched sky around the same time as well)

Comment

So, who had McClaren in the sweepstake?

Nottingham Forest boss Steve McClaren reassures supporters he is staying at the club despite speculation surrounding his future.

Surprised he's only finding out NOW that the Forest chairman doesn't like to open his wallet...

Comment

Working...
                  X