No announcement yet.

Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bothers me is how much money has Chelsea spent on good talent and creative players and they turn up playing that drivel. Stoke are on a limited budget, Chelsea have infinite resources and where totally MINCE.

Comment

Oh and seeing those 2 tossers lift the cup just makes you want to puke.

Comment

I was glad I had my Vita charged up to play during the match. God it was a bore. I had to turn it off before seeing Terry lift the cup. How Hodgson has gall to pick him over Ferdinand is beyond me. One step above Joey Barton as a role model for the kids

Comment

Is Cahill in the England squad?

Bloody hell theres a lot of bitter Chelsea haters in here, as a neutral (with 2 annoying Chelsea supporters in the family) you have to hand it to them for holding on as well as they did. Football is about making tackles and mental strength as much as scoring goals and possession. Would have have been a different final if both teams were full strength but oh well. Mikel, Cole were pretty bloody good. The tactics of doubling up on Robben (Cole and Bertrand) and Ribery (Boswingwa and Kalou) worked although I still cant see the fuss about Gomez from the Real and Chelsea game. Bayern really need to invest in a world class striker who can score in the big games.

Also, what exactly did Lampard say about AVB to undermine him? As I understand it he was just answering questions from the press about not starting games.
          Last edited by bash; 20-05-2012, 12:31.

Comment

If you guys think Chelsea is the most ugly CL winner, check up PSV in 1988.

Anyway, they beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich. 2 of the 3 best teams in Europe. It wasn't pretty, but Chelsea and namely Didier were the ONLY top rated players who did not choke. Bayern and namely Gomez and Robben choked, Ronaldo and Messi choked. Drogba delivered, got half a chance against Barca and now against Bayern, and converted. Chelsea was the only team without a shoddy defense in this tournament. Those other, better footballing squads have themselves to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
              Chelsea had a strategy and that strategy kept them from losing. No it wasn't pretty but if bayern can't finish off properly then that's their problem. The bayern goalie was a bit cocky too so I'm glad the Chelsea keeper stopped more than he did. Very exciting footy at the end (as penalties often are).
              This. Bayern wasted so many chances they didn't deserve to win as much as Chelsea didn't. Fair play to Chelsea though, they played with a strategy and it worked well.

Comment

Cause Lampard and Terry are 2 kind of tossers who as you seen with Terry and Capello, would try to influence players and try stuff if it didnt suit them, i know what Fergie would have done, their arses wouldn't have hit the ground, and that's Chelsea problem too many players think they know better than the manager.

Comment

AvB was a muppet though. He played a line miles too high and he attitude towards the players was foolish. I don't remember the players having issues with Ancelotti.

Comment

AvB was certainly naive, I cant stand Terry but cant see what Lampard did wrong. Yes, he told the press he'd like to be starting games but the players have to take responsibilty, its not like they DELIBERATELY played crap to get AvB sacked, I think he just lacked man management skills. Ultimately Lampard has proven AvB wrong by playing well since coming back in the side. If AvBs team selection won him games then Lampard would be looking for another club, I think AvB was looking too far ahead and not concentrating on the immediate games. The Prem was too much for him if you look back. Liverpool must be mad if they're considering him though . . .

Comment

So you think Lampard was trying is hardest? my arse, players get managers sacked, and Terry and Lampard are 2 of the highest ****sers around in the game today.

Comment

Oh dear, you sound very bitter and jaded my friend . . . . a bit like me in the Avengers thread

Comment

Who gives a **** if Lampard and Terry were not trying. Their manager didn't have a clue how to run the squad and got it all wrong. He was arrogant and inflexible at times. I would imagine many people have and will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                            Chelsea was the only team without a shoddy defense in this tournament. Those other, better footballing squads have themselves to blame.
                            Yeah i blame them all for not going with an 8 man defense. 8 defenders makes not a shoddy defense.

I just cannot show any support or enthiusiasm to that kind of standard of play in a champions league final, from a team who have spent like crazy over the last 8 years.

It reminded me of the feeling i used to get in the days of tennis where people would win purely by serving big, its something nobody really wanted to see.

The biggest annoyance is we have to watch them in the competition next year, because they will run with the stoke style now in all probability.
                            Last edited by PaTaito; 20-05-2012, 17:24.

Comment

While on the subject of AVB I just think he tried to change things too fast and the tactics did not suit the players available.
                              Last edited by JU!; 20-05-2012, 17:24.

Comment

The war never ended and it's hilarious that the krauts lost in their own back yard.

Comment

Working...
                                X