No announcement yet.

Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not ****, just average. They're nowhere near as good as the Chelsea of a few years back, either through the quality of the players or the form of those players. They finished sixth in the league, 25 points behind the eventual winners.

**** was a bit harsh, sorry, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as "good" or anything.

Comment

Thread revival! Brilliant performance by Milan tonight to beat Barcalona 2-0. They got their tactics spot on, Barca hardly even got into the Milan box and all the best chances went Milan's way. Still going to be tough in the Nou Camp, but if Milan can get an away goal then Barca will need four...

Comment

Honestly didn't think Milan had that kind of performance in them. Fair play to "Il Rossoneri".

That said, I had ?10 on Milan to win 1-0 at 10/1 - would've netted me ?100. Gutted when they made it 2-0 with 12 mins left.

Comment

Similar thing happened to me in the 2007 final, had a hefty bet on 2-0 to Milan, then Kuyt pops up in the last minute and my money went down the toilet.

It's always good to see an underdog triumph through hard work and good tactics. The fact that it wasn't a mere bus parking, that Milan had a good attacking threat throughout the match, make it even better. Hope they managed to finish off the job in Spain.

Comment

Crazy goal by Messi. I hope Milan can hold on though as Barca's dominance is getting boring. After so many trophies its easy to see that they can't really get excited for the average league game but now in a packed Camp Nou against Milan its obviously the Barca of old.

They are tearing Milan apart with spectacular attacks, I fear for the worst.

EDIT: And thats 2-0 by Messi. Barcelona will kill Milan now.
            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 12-03-2013, 19:25.

Comment

Such a big big big miss by Niang just before that second Barca goal.

Comment

That was the turning point. If Niang converted it, Milan would've been through. But now its a matter of time when Barca scores a third. Milans hope is their away goal advantage.

But that first goal by Messi, its really something. He has 5 defenders around him, only a metre of space. Yet he manages to slot it hard into the goal. Abbiati didn't even move. Its sick.
                Last edited by saturn-gamer; 12-03-2013, 19:40.

Comment

Was that second goal offside?
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I didn't notice it at the time but I'm seeing a lot of people saying that it was clearly off.

Comment

Utterly destroyed. Sad for Milan, but a Barca thats showing effort is unbeatable. And effort they only seem to show against the big teams in the CL nowadays. If they can keep this level up for the remainder of the tournament not even Bayern can stop them.
                      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 12-03-2013, 20:02.

Comment

Milan deserve everything they are getting. Mainly for some of those appalling haircuts. Disgraceful.

Comment

Ah well, would have liked to see Milan go through but you can't argue when Barca play like that.

Comment

Robinho at the end. What a bellend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Was that second goal offside?
                              Evens out, in all honesty. Barca should've had a penalty after going 1-0 up when Abate took Pedro down.

Stunning performance from the 'Blaugrana" tonight, although Allegri played into their hands with an awful tactical set-up tonight.

Is there a better full-back in world football than Jordi Alba?

Comment

...Speaking of Schalke vs Galatasaray, that Julian Draxler looks like a real talent, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X