No announcement yet.

Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After being told by Sky Sports News this morning that "neutrals everywhere will have been hoping for a Madrid vs Barca final," I really hope that Dortmund smash Madrid tonight and we end up with an all German final. That'll learn 'em for trying to tell me what I think! It'll surely be a much closer match that last night though.

Comment

1-0 to Dortmund already! Go Germany

Gonna be interesting to see a replay of that second Dortmund goal! Looked off on first glance from behind it... Nope, replay shows him clearly onside. They need more with the Madrid away goal though.

There it is! Hat trick for Lewandowski! 3-1 Dortmund. Still over half an hour left, surely more goals in this.

4-1 Penalty, and a fourth for Lewandowski. How many players have ever scored four against Madrid?
      Last edited by EJG1980; 24-04-2013, 20:11.

Comment

Seems that also Dortmund is way too strong for the Spanish sides. I reckon they're through now, they will score at Bernabeu.

Comment

All Spanish final, was everyone even hoping that or was it just media hype??
          I'm glad the German teams have showed it's not just about Barcelona and Madrid.

Comment

Well done Dortmund! I thought it would be closer but Dortmund fully deserved that margin of victory. What a performance by Lewandowski, wonderful skill to make the space for the third goal.

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
            Media hype. They wanted it so they could talk about Ronaldo vs Messi and sell it to the casual viewer. I'm sure there really are a lot who want an El Classico final, but it's the "everyone" proclamations that annoy me. A lot of football fans I've chatted to about it wanted to see all German or one of the Germans vs one of the Spanish. It feels like Madrid play Barca every other week over the past few years!

Comment

Over the moon for Dortmund. Quality side in the CL this year, only undefeated team iirc.

Comment

Murdered. Completely murdered.

Comment

Munich are giving Barcelona an absolute rogering, amazing stuff. 3-0 on the night, 7-0 on aggregate, and you wouldn't be surprised if they got more!

Comment

Henk ten Cate laid out Barca's problems rather well. Their bench. If Puyol, Alba or Busquets doesn't play they'll have to field Song or Barthra which is 2 or 3 classes below European elite or inexperienced. Bayern on the other hand can bring Rafinha, Gomez, Gustavo which are sound backup players.

Comment

Can't wait for the final.

Comment

I stand by ALL of my earlier posts.

Bayern to dismantle Dortmund at Wembley.

Comment

I don't think I'll bet on Bayern. I can still see Dortmund winning this. Real was stronger than Barca during this period of the season, Dortmund should've finished that game at Bernabeu before half time already as well.

Dortmund gave up their league chances long ago but on neutral terrain, in a CL final I could see them grabbing the cup right in front of Bayern's nose. The difference between both sides isn't that big really. Dortmund also gets my sympathy vote, the working class club with no bs offensive play... being dicked by Bayern stealing Gotze away.

Go Dortmund!

Comment

Bayern are 20points ahead of Dortmund in the Bundesliga! We all like Jurgen Klopp and his team, but let's get real about this - Bayern are superior all day, every day. I'm sorry, but they are. The difference is arguably in light years.

Bayern have Dortmund figured out. They have had them figured out all season long domestically - you couldn't say that three years ago.

Dortmund might win if they're at their very best and Bayern have another shocker like last year, but I just don't see it - they are on a mission.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-05-2013, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
                              I'm glad the German teams have showed it's not just about Barcelona and Madrid.
                              Yep, really glad someone has kicked tippy tappy Barca into touch. Just wish more teams would have actually got stuck in and had a go at them.

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                              Munich are giving Barcelona an absolute rogering, amazing stuff. 3-0 on the night, 7-0 on aggregate, and you wouldn't be surprised if they got more!
                              Great to watch Munich and Dortmund as well to be fair. Can't see anything but a Munich win though. Much rather watch these two going for it than B&M.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Bayern are 20points ahead of Dortmund in the Bundesliga! We all like Jurgen Klopp and his team, but let's get real about this - Bayern are superior all day, every day. I'm sorry, but they are. The difference is arguably in light years.

Bayern have Dortmund figured out. They have had them figured out all season long domestically - you couldn't say that three years ago.

Dortmund might win if they're at their very best and Bayern have another shocker like last year, but I just don't see it - they are on a mission.
                                Did you not watch the first leg vs Real?

Comment

Working...
                                X