Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
    Europa league needs to go back to the old UEFA Cup format. No group stage, and no CL losers. It was a nice competition for teams below the national elites.
    Right on the button.

Under the new format you could make it to the final of the champions league and have a team you knocked out in the group stages get a champions league spot. It ruins both competitions!

I don't think they've thought this through!

Comment

A lot of CL teams don't even want to participate in the EL. I believe Fergie openly spoke of it as a punishment, which enraged Platini.

Comment

Well, as I expected all statistiscs can go through the window so far, Borussia is more dangerous for now.

Comment

Yup, all Dortmund in the first 15 minutes. They need to make it count and get a goal though, Munich won't be quiet the whole match.

Comment

I feel they are too afraid to lose a third time. Things like this should also be taken into consideration for a finals game.

Robben is playing semi right back and it shows that Lewandowski has far more potential than Mandzukic up front.

EDIT: The ref could've sent Ribery off, tbh.
            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 25-05-2013, 19:11.

Comment

Robben should have done better there. As my brother said though "it's a final, he'll miss,"

Comment

1-0 Munich!

Edit: penalty to Dortmund....... 1-1! Pretty surprising there wasn't even a card for the foul though.

Hasn't been the best final, but maybe it can be a great final 20 minutes now.

What a clearance by Subotic, but why oh why didn't Robben go for it properly?

Great finish by Lewandowski, shame about the handball
                Last edited by EJG1980; 25-05-2013, 20:17.

Comment

Ha, should have known Robben would do that after my earlier comment Surely even Munich can't blow this?

Comment

Really enjoyed the match and a real contest until the last minute. Well done to Bayern.

Comment

Top that Pep

Comment

Well, i am happy for that git. Hes from my hometown and all, lost an assload of finals.. I wish he beat casillas like that.

But really, dortmund could've win this. Ribery should've been sent off, like twice.

Comment

I wish he could have done it last season against Chelsea!!!

Very competitive final, either side would have been worthy winners but Munich finally scored a late goal instead of letting one in

Comment

Thinking of it, Dante should've been sent off with a second yellow, there is not even an excuse for the ref not to do it. But as the game went both sides were strong, although Bayern having the upper hand was deadlier than Dortmund having the upper hand. This fact decided the game. It wasn't quite the hammering lots of viewers predicted.

Some people say it was a bad final, I disagree. Both sides didn't hide. Look how far ayway Dortmund played from own goal for example (which explains even more why Mandzukic is fielded instead of Gomez, as his work rate is incredible). Lots of chances, and some good playing and defending. Javi Martinez man of the match by a landslide for me, the guy played masterful even though Robben had an assist + goal.
                            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 25-05-2013, 23:52.

Comment

Managed to watch the game in a bar with a group of Germans. Made it that bit more interesting!

Well done to Bayern! It was all Dortmund for some spells though.

Comment

Are Bayern far off the Spanish in terms of european trophies?

They've been doing incredibly well for quite a while now.

Comment

Working...
                                X