No announcement yet.

Champions League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to support Man United, in fact the Champions League 1999 was the last time I supported them. I was seriously ill for a year and despite watching the game, I couldn't muster the excitement of winning that title. After that I never followed a team again. As time went on I realised that football fans get **** on by the very organisations they love.

I love football, now I can ally myself when and where I want!

Comment

I'm a sucker, I'm gonna get **** on for a while longer yet

At least there are some small signs of clubs doing things for fans (a few clubs have on free coach travel for some away matches this season) but it's a tiny drip against the torrent of ticket price increases, TV subscriptions, etc.. I guess clubs won't care too much though as long as there is someone to fill the ground, they won't be worried if there isn't a single normal fan among them.

Comment

I dont have a problem with BT sport winning the packages. ITV coverage is horrendous, worse than just about any other coverage going.

Would be nice to have a least one game per week FTA. That could even be part of their plan, to show one game a week for free. They are working out a way of showing each team that competes in Europe for free at least once, so it makes sense.

Comment

As part of the deal, BT has said it will show at least one match involving each participating British team for free every season.
          Looks promising. NOT!

Comment

Well I reckon that's better than suffering Adrian Chiles for any longer than we have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
              Well I reckon that's better than suffering Adrian Chiles for any longer than we have to.
              You'll think you've escaped, but then BT will unveil that they've poached the bastard from ITV.

Comment

Don't think the first half was what either team expected there...!
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Be interesting to see Guardiola's comeback now.

Bayern had 71% possession and are 3-0 down, what a half.

Comment

Bayern are ****. Far too slow and ponderous in their build up play due to Guardiola's obsession with possession. Even the worst Man Utd team in a generation had them on the ropes a few weeks back.

It's all very well and good battering the drivel teams in Germany week in week out, but against Europe's elite you have to find different ways of winning football matches and Bayern are a one trick pony. Very good when it works but no plan B when it is required.

Comment

This Munich team may have won the German league more easily than last year, but I think that's mainly down to Dortmund being weakened rather than Munich being any better. Last year's Munich side had so much more of a cutting edge and were much more exciting to watch. Glad Real gave them a hiding.

Comment

Superb display from Atletico Madrid tonight and a nice bonus that they did it against Chelsea

An all Madrid final, should be good!

Comment

Yeah thank goodness they're in the final. It should be a good fight now.

Comment

For sure, imagine if Athletico can pull off a league and CL double.

That would have been a lovely bet nine months ago.

Comment

What a shame this didn't go in straight from the kick off

Comment

That would have been brilliant if that had gone in. Years ago my two brothers and I played a ton of World Wide Soccer 97 on the Saturn and we'd always try and score like that from every kick off

Comment

Working...
                                X