X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Against QPR.
    Exactly.

To a man, we were awful. Liverpool are a decent side, but not THAT good.

Honestly, one of the worst performances I've seen in about 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      Exactly.

To a man, we were awful. Liverpool are a decent side, but not THAT good.

Honestly, one of the worst performances I've seen in about 5 years.
      Liverpool are THAT good. Walked that match today. We are a real test for any top side and have fair share of wins against them. We have been subject to some transitional periods of late... owners, managers, players etc and are now looking to solidify leet style.

Comment

Liverpool have had two rubbish performances this season, and then were good against a poor Bolton performance. I think it's a bit soon to be raving about them like that.

Owen Coyle is so rubbish, he's blaming Cahill's performance on Arsenal. Maybe he just had a bad game. Maybe if Bolton hadn't gone to the press bitching about Arsenal's offer Cahill never would have even known about it.

Comment

Even a bitter 'blind-to-Liverpool-when-doing-good' person can see that with our new look team is a tasty tricky force. Suarez ffs. Not a bad campaign so far for a "rubbish performing" team that is finding its new feet.
          Last edited by hudson; 27-08-2011, 19:15.

Comment

Seems young Henderson had a decent game?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              Seems young Henderson had a decent game?
              He did. Happy for him. He had a bit of a crap game during the week though. That goal will do him good.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                Even a bitter 'blind-to-Liverpool-when-doing-good' person can see that with our new look team is a tasty tricky force. Suarez ffs. Not a bad campaign so far for a "rubbish performing" team that is finding its new feet.
                Yeah, you've got a decent side and will do well this season, but you're not performing just yet. You played poorly against Sunderland, and poorly against a terrible Arsenal side and you were lucky to get three points when they imploded. The potential's there, but you're being a bit hasty at the moment

And what on earth are you going to do with ?35m of Carroll? By all accounts the team is a shadow of itself when he's in it.

Comment

Not saying we are going to win the league or anything.

Agree that Carroll tends to look like a donkey. Hopefully he'll come good. But 35mill for him was silly money especially when Aguero was a few million less.

He does have a cracking left peg though.

Comment

Liverpool looked good today, plenty of lefties give the team a nice balance. Excellent movement off the ball, especially from Downing and Suarez, very difficult to cope with. Was it ?6 million you paid for Enrique? What a bargain, he is a class act. Bolton were woeful mind you - didn't even realise that Eagles had been hauled off as Tuncay looks just like him.

Comment

Liverpool will finish top 4 I think, and Enrique will be transfer of the summer.

We were absolutely dreadful, I really wouldn't read too much into it. Man Utd or City would have scored another 3 at least today.

We're missing our two best (injured) players (Holden and Chung Yong) like mad. Mears signing and getting injured is **** too, as he was probably going to replace Steinsson.

As for Cahill...Spotting a bad performance in today's match for us would be near impossible. To a man they are dreadful. I've never seen Kevin Davies play that badly, EVER.

Comment

I think Mata will probably be the signing of the season.

Or Cahill

Comment

I quite like Liverpool now. They are still a bit flat in a lot of areas and lack flair without Suarez but overall there is enough there for solid season.

Comment

I think fourth place will be a fight between Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool, and if they keep up this form then Liverpool would be looking like a good bet. Unlike us and the Gooners, Liverpool have the advantage of no European commitments to worry about. It's probably not a coincidence that the season we came 4th we weren't in Europe.

Comment

Spurs need a signing or two before they can realistically look at overhauling Arsenal for fourth. A tricky player like Joe Cole maybe.

Also, Liverpool are still missing Gerrard. He has it in him to lift the team to another level if he can recapture form of a few years ago. Sebastien Coates looks to be a very interesting signing. Especially considering by all accounts he is extremely good. The price Bolton want for Cahill, in the last year of his contract, is double what Liverpool are looking likely to sign Coates for.

Comment

Another classic game for the Lads yesterday. That's now 1 goal in 4 games. Gyan looked appalling. His first touch couldn't have been worse if he tried to trap the ball with his cock, and his decision making and shooting was lousy. He's been well and truly Bruced.

The gradual descent of Bruce into madness continues. Last season he blamed the injuries for the Feb-May crisis.
                                This year, so far, it's been:

The goalkeeper's fault (vs the Mags)
                                The fault of the strikers (vs Brighton, when we didn't have one on the pitch for about the first 60 mins)
                                The fault of the media (for questioning the failure of two season objectives already)
                                The fault of the fans (for the same)

He's also said how much he hates derbies (the day before the game) and how much he hates game days (his job).

He has blamed everyone and everything but himself for every disaster since January and the sale of Darren Bent.

Contrast this attitude with Steve Cotterill, who said yesterday that (and I'm paraphrasing here) 'the players were very leggy today, and tired. That's my fault. I've worked them too hard in training on terrible waterlogged pitches. I've learnt my lesson. It's my fault and it won't happen again.'

Still, what more is there to expect from a man whose home record since 1st January is Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 7?

Comment

Working...
                                X