No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only????? I'd f'in KILL for Defoe! One of the top 5 English goalscorers going, and we'd give him a starting role week in, week out. Our strikeforce is so, so desperate. It's rotten beyond description.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
      Looks like Van Persie and Song will be leaving us then... Don't mind Song so much but RvP will be a miss... Still didn't stop me buying my ?6k Club Level season ticket though!

Looking forward to seeing Cazorla though! Hopefully wont be all doom and gloom this season!
      6 Grand!! Surely that isn't just for 1 season?? I decided ?530 quid was too rich for my blood at the Villa
      Still not really hyped for this season yet...still haunted by the ghost of Alex Mcleish....

Comment

Judas will see you alright for some goals, fella.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          Only????? I'd f'in KILL for Defoe! One of the top 5 English goalscorers going, and we'd give him a starting role week in, week out. Our strikeforce is so, so desperate. It's rotten beyond description.
          Haha, yeah, I suppose we've been a bit spoiled to be able to say we "only" have Defoe. Still though, I don't think any team with the aim of finishing in the top four and hopefully having some good cup runs would want their only strikers to be Defoe and an untested 18 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
            6 Grand!! Surely that isn't just for 1 season?? I decided ?530 quid was too rich for my blood at the Villa
            Still not really hyped for this season yet...still haunted by the ghost of Alex Mcleish....
            Yeah mate one season, but its the best view and best refreshments - plus you can get there early and relax...

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
            Spurs could do with signing a striker quick sharp as well. At the moment we've only got Defoe and the youngster Kane vying for the loan striker spot. It's all gone quiet on the Adebayor front and while we've been linked with a new bid for Leandro Damiao, we've supposedly been on the verge of buying him for about two or three years now! I really hope we get at least one top quality striker in before we play Newcastle.

I was sent the brochure for our prawn sandwich seats this year (I think the cheapest was ?2,500 for the Gary Mabbut Lounge) but I'd miss too much about sitting in the cheap seats to change. I like a bit of a shout and a sing, and I doubt the people sitting in the posh seats would want to join me in a rousing chorus of when the Spurs go marching in
            Nah I wont miss a thing about the turnstile route. We don't sing all that much at the emirates - I just love the hospitality makes the occasion, even if the game is a damp squid... And if it's not well then it's all the sweeter!

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
              Nah I wont miss a thing about the turnstile route. We don't sing all that much at the emirates - I just love the hospitality makes the occasion, even if the game is a damp squid... And if it's not well then it's all the sweeter!
              Are you saying that a bottle of flat Coke and a microwave heated Cornish pasty ISN'T a luxurious hospitality experience???

If I want a luxury dining I'll go to an expensive restaurant; when I go to see football I'm only worried about the football. I can see the appeal of doing the corporate experience for a one off occasion, but if I didn't have the singing, the shouting, the being hugged by a random huge tattooed bloke when a goal goes in, I'd just feel like I might as well stay home and watch it on telly.

(Not that I'm saying there is a "right" way to be a football fan. Everyone should float their boat in whatever way they enjoy the most )
              Last edited by EJG1980; 13-08-2012, 10:40.

Comment

Working...
              X