No announcement yet.

New kits 2012/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is the inspiration for the Barcelona away kit :- http://www.mattsandbrook.co.uk/pictures/icelolly.jpg

Comment

Even 9gag is having a dig.

Comment

New Liverpool away (swimming) kit.

I like it, but I have doubts whether that would look good on anyone packing a bit of weight.

Comment

Seems as though Cardiff City are going to have a very new kit, they're changing the club colours to red!

Doesn't exactly fit with the bluebirds nickname... the things club owners will do these days in pursuit of money. Apparently one of the reasons they've done it because red is a more popular colour in Asia, but surely even a complete re-branding isn't going to make that much of a difference to their commercial income? Success on the pitch is what will make the difference, not the shirt colour.

Comment

Success on the pitch is what will make the difference, not the shirt colour.
            There hasn't been any for decades that's been the trouble, still rung up debts over a million a month . Asia is growing market for football , anything that can bring in extra money, grow your fan base is good in these economic times . Too much is made of a nickname and a Teams colour . Most teams change their colours through out the years and Cardiff biggest ever success (winning the FA ) There wasn't a Bluebird on the crest , but a Welsh Red Dragon for a bit of irony

Still be Cardiff City, still play in the Capital only now in RED and with 'hopefully' some major investment

Comment

I'm not convinced changing the shirt colour to red is going to result in a load of Cardiff City fans in Asia. If so, where are the Asian Bristol City fans?

If Cardiff City really want an Asian fanbase, they need to sign an Asian player. That really does work wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                I'm not convinced changing the shirt colour to red is going to result in a load of Cardiff City fans in Asia. If so, where are the Asian Bristol City fans?
                Do Bristol City have has their owner, one of the richest men in Asia backing them and sure the major interest would come from betting and if the Club makes into the Premiership, but when you have the likes of Vincent Tan ready to splash some cash its going to generate some interest in the homeland

If Cardiff City really want an Asian fanbase, they need to sign an Asian player.
                If they're not good enough it's utterly pointless and most of the better Asian players won't move to a Club like Cardiff unless you get in the Premiership. The Club have already set up links with regard scotting the best of Young talent, I believe the likes of Scot Young have been back and for Malaysia looking for young talent and Cardiff looking to set up Football schools there.

I think its long term Project if Cardiff make into the Prem then the Club is primed to get a nice following in Asia . I look at what's happing with Rangers and Pompy and really happy we have a Chairman that's investing and playing in Red is a small price to pay for that investment

Comment

I guess when you're a fan of a club that's in a healthy financial position it's much easier to say "Oh, I'd never support any change to our traditions," but if the future of the club is on the line then it does become a different prospect. I take it that if the guy in charge didn't put the investment in you'd be looking at administration, etc?

Comment

For the record, I wasn't suggesting that Cardiff City could actually sign an Asian player. I was simply pointing out that this is a more surefire way of gaining an Asian fanbase. You can have the richest Asian owner on the planet throwing money at the club. You can even change your shirt to red. But without being a major team, it's going to take more than that to give people in Asia a reason to care.

Comment

I take it that if the guy in charge didn't put the investment in you'd be looking at administration, etc
                      The Club has historical debits of over ?30 Million and running at a loss of over ?1 Million each month now . If VT pulled out the Club would be in a mess and in Admin for sure

But without being a major team, it's going to take more than that to give people in Asia a reason to care.
                      I think that's why VT has said he spend ?100 million on the Club with new Players , our own Training ground, improvement to the Stadium to try and get the team into the Premiership and make it fit for the Premiership and if he's able to sell a few more shirts in Asia while he's at it , so much the better .Maybe get a small cult following ready to build on too, should the unthinkable happen .

What ever , I'm sort of happy that VT is looking like he was to put his backing into the Club with his own money

Comment

Nice to hear sensible thoughts on the whole Cardiff thing TA.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          The Club has historical debits of over ?30 Million and running at a loss of over ?1 Million each month now . If VT pulled out the Club would be in a mess and in Admin for sure.
                          That definitely puts a different complexion on it, I didn't realise Cardiff's finances were in that much of a state.

I admit that (without knowing the full facts on Cardiff's finances) my initial reaction was one of "How can they do it? Modern football, bah!" but when it comes down to a choice of change the shirt and the club goes on, or, keep the shirt the same and the club might very well cease to exist at all...

I think most fans would want to do whatever it took to make sure their club survived. I can't imagine not going to see Spurs each week, so I think I'd accept a change in shirt colour if it stopped the club going bankrupt etc..

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Nice to hear sensible thoughts on the whole Cardiff thing TA.
                            I don't see how any so called fan could turn their back on ?100 million planned investment for their Club when your Club happens to be in debt up to its eye balls and running at a loss of over ?12 million a year (even with 17,000 + season ticket holders) . The Club not moving , its not changing its name and it's only a Colour at the end the day. When I see what happened to Rangers and Pompy I'm quite happy we have a chairman that's ready to invest and push the Club forward I.f it all goes ass over tit , we'll be in the same mess to what would happen if VT pulled out now and the fans can buy back the Club and get the Colour back

I rather give a go play in RED and to have a Club to watch each week that's playing near the top flight of English football (maybe one day in it ) and with its debts gone .We've noting to lose and maybe quite bit to gain

Comment

Interesting that both Liverpool and Aston Villa have gone with relatively unknown shirt makers. Never heard of "Warrior" and Villa are going with "Macron".

At least it gives more variety to the Adidas/Nike dominated leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                                Interesting that both Liverpool and Aston Villa have gone with relatively unknown shirt makers. Never heard of "Warrior" and Villa are going with "Macron".

At least it gives more variety to the Adidas/Nike dominated leagues.
                                Spurs are also going with Under Armour so that's another unique kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X