No announcement yet.

Euro 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world cup has been **** since 2002. Well, 1990 and 1994 were kind of ****ty as well. The one in 1998 is the best World Cup I have seen.

Look at the Holland group, man. Its like 3 former EC winners plus usual outsiders Portugal. Thats much better than seeing Algeria playing against Costa Rica or something. The group with France, England, Sweden and Ukraine should be tough as well. And then there is Spain and ****ty but always dangerous Italy.

But its not only the level of play and matchups, but also the referees. The Euros are generally much better tournaments, with better refs and less dubious incidents. I can't remember a screwjob such as Germany v England in 2010 on the Euros. It just shows the pile of **** the FIFA is.
    Last edited by saturn-gamer; 08-06-2012, 16:04.

Comment

Loved the euros since 96, chatting to seedorf, bogarde and davids in birmingham town centre telling them england were gonna spank them but i wanted them to knock scotland out then days later both came true, first england game was vs spain and the whole atmosphere of the country/3lions

Comment

Good start here, almost a goal for Poland there! I'm pumped up now, this is great, hurrah for football

Comment

This time as my mate is marrying a polish girl I actually have some new friends from the home nation to wind up. Meeting in a greek restaraunt later so hopefully they channel the spirit of Euro 04 or I may get some grief

Comment

Lovely goal for Poland, well deserved too.

Comment

It's lacking quality overall but good goal from Poland.

EDIT - First sending off in first game! Anyone have a bet on?
              Last edited by NW2013; 08-06-2012, 16:45.

Comment

Our lass got the first goal scorer and won me a few quid.

Terrible sending off.

Comment

So much for better refs in Euros. this is pathetic!

Comment

Clear handball and he gives a yellow to a Greek player?

Comment

Weird too, as the ref has been okay at letting the game flow but sends someone off for a couple of nothing incidents.

Comment

The ref is a clown!

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                          Loved the euros since 96, chatting to seedorf, bogarde and davids in birmingham town centre telling them england were gonna spank them but i wanted them to knock scotland out then days later both came true, first england game was vs spain and the whole atmosphere of the country/3lions
                          Thats like our biggest loss ever, man

Divided squad, kinda the France from 2010. I bet the tabloids loved it.

Speaking of, France is probably one of the top favourites now. They are still undefeated under Blanc.

Comment

Howard Webb is seen as the best ref in football at the mo, baffling until you get to see the best that europe has to offer Poland look pretty good, their striker added a million to his transfer fee already!

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                              Look at the Holland group, man. Its like 3 former EC winners plus usual outsiders Portugal. Thats much better than seeing Algeria playing against Costa Rica or something.
                              Yeah on paper but in reality watching some of these so called smaller teams is often extremely entertaining. All of the South American teams were good to watch in 2010. Korea played some lovely stuff, as did Japan. A lot of the second or even third tier teams can be brilliant to watch but like any football match, it is all down to the day.

Comment

Bielsa's Chile was one of my favourite squads in 2010, I'll give you that. But Algeria and Slovenia both had absolutely shocking games, and teams like Honduras, N-Korea and New Zealand shouldn't have been active at that stage.

I rate South Korea and Japan higher as footballing nations. They have proven themselves on the big stage and have good players in the best leagues. They're ok to be there.
                                Last edited by saturn-gamer; 08-06-2012, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X