Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Transfer news and gossip!

Spurs are preparing to offer Bayern Munich ?7m for striker Mario Gomez, 27, who now appears to be surplus to requirements at the German club.
    I think that story was in the Metro so taking it with a couple of buckets of salt, especially the size of the fee

In the prime of his career at 27 years old, superb scoring record for Bayern, superb scoring record for Germany, no way we can get him for ?7 million. No matter what the fee, there will probably be clubs with more pulling power than Spurs going after him so it'd be a major coup if we got him. I'd be ecstatic if we signed a player of his ilk.

I think the transfer activity at Spurs might step up soon as it looks like we're on the verge of appointing Franco Baldini as director of football / technical director / whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Newcastle appoint Joe Kinnear as Director of Football. Didn't see that one coming. Should be... interesting!

Comment

Great news for all Virgin XL TV package subscribers, means I still get to see Moto GP and UFC and 38 PL games for nowt effectively.

You can watch some of the biggest games this season with BT Sport now available on Virgin TV. It comes included with TV XL at no extra cost, so you can experience some of the best sporting action including all of these:

38 live Barclays Premier League football matches
        69 exclusive Aviva Premiership rugby matches
        Women's Tennis Association matches from 21 tournaments
        The 2013/14 FA Cup
        Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League
        UEFA Europa League matches

And other great sports such as Moto GP and UFC.
        How to get it

Virgin TV XL customers get BT Sport included at no extra cost. Just tune in on the following Virgin TV channels right now:

BT Sport 1 – channel 547
        BT Sport 2 – channel 548
        BT Sport 1 HD – channel 549
        BT Sport 2 HD – channel 550
        ESPN – channel 529
        ESPN HD – channel 530

Virgin TV XL, Premiere and VIP Collection customers get BT Sport (including BT Sport 1 HD, BT Sport 2 HD plus ESPN HD) included at no extra cost.

Comment

Yes, Dave! Get in!

OT: Can I add just Sky Sports 1 at a cut down price or do i have to buy the Sky Sports package for 25 quid? I'd only watch SS1.

Comment

I'm really not a fan of how these TV deals work, essentially forcing consumers who want to watch the Premier League to subscribe to an array of channels. They justify this by claiming that this introduces market competition, but this is a very warped kind of market competition that is essentially anti-consumer - true market competition would see exclusive rights being illegal, and Sky, ESPN and BT all having equal rights to purchase broadcasting rights to any of the games, and then consumers could choose between the Sky, ESPN or BT coverage. Of course, big business only supports market competition in contexts where it results in the best deal for them. And they wonder why some people just subscribe to Novasport instead.

Comment

Don't know Hoolak, we don't get the Sky Sports channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                I'm really not a fan of how these TV deals work, essentially forcing consumers who want to watch the Premier League to subscribe to an array of channels. They justify this by claiming that this introduces market competition, but this is a very warped kind of market competition that is essentially anti-consumer - true market competition would see exclusive rights being illegal, and Sky, ESPN and BT all having equal rights to purchase broadcasting rights to any of the games, and then consumers could choose between the Sky, ESPN or BT coverage. Of course, big business only supports market competition in contexts where it results in the best deal for them. And they wonder why some people just subscribe to Novasport instead.
                Nail on head. Been saying it for years since the EU broke up Sky's monopoly on Premier League games in the name of 'consumer choice'.

For example, the games BT are offering now for ?15 (HD) a month - used to be purchasable from Sky as just a ?40 one off payment. ?1 per game.

I don't know how having to pay considerably more for the same amount of games is good for the consumer, but that's the EU for you.

Comment

Watched a bit of BT Sports 1 last night, quite liked the set up and the panel they had in for the soccer show.

Comment

Didn't Sky just charge people with Prem Plus?

Comment

My missus used to get ESPN so I've lost out on the italy footy now thanks to BT That made my Sunday nights, won't be the same with out the crowd trouble and green laser pointers flying arl ower

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        My missus used to get ESPN so I've lost out on the italy footy now thanks to BT That made my Sunday nights, won't be the same with out the crowd trouble and green laser pointers flying arl ower
                        Haha - we have Infinity so 'thanks to BT' I get it free!
                        Green lasers for me!

Comment

HHhrrmmmppphhhh!!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Didn't Sky just charge people with Prem Plus?
                            Yeah, ?1 per game. Not anywhere near ?15 a month for 3-4 games.

Comment

Working...
                            X