No announcement yet.

Foreign football 2012-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inter have ended Juventus' unbeaten run in Serie A at 49 matches, and given them their first defeat in their new stadium too. Really great match, 3-1 to Inter, and now Inter are only a point behind in the title race.

Comment

Brilliant match tonight, Roma 4-2 Fiorentina. This Roma side are just pure fun to watch; their 16 matches this season have produced 64 goals, an average of 4 goals a match when they're involved! A real vintage performance from Francesco Totti tonight too, a couple of goals, amazing passes, beautiful touches and flicks, he's definitely my favourite player to watch.

Inter vs Napoli tomorrow night, hopefully it'll be another cracker.

Comment

...and Messi broke the record set by Gerd Muller. A whopping 86 goals over the year 2012. He's even all time top scorer for the club... and he's only 25? Ridiculous. I wonder where it will end.

Comment

Another goal today puts him on a mere 91, I reckon he's slowing down

Another brilliant display from Roma so far tonight, 3-0 up against Milan after 35 minutes. When they're on song their non-stop attacking is a joy. It's a shame there aren't a few more coaches in the Zeman mould.

Finished 4-2 to Roma, cracking match.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 22-12-2012, 20:40.

Comment

Pato and Robinho have handed in transfer requests.

Comment

The Roma game was awesome watched it last night. I loved the loud explosions at random during the match too.

Comment

Pep Guardiola will take over as Bayern Munich manager at the end of the season.

It'll be interesting to see how well he does outside of Barcelona, if he'll try to get Bayern playing like Barca or if he adapts his approach.

I know Bayern aren't exactly paupers, but I'm glad he didn't end up somewhere like Chelsea, Man City or PSG.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                  Pep Guardiola will take over as Bayern Munich manager at the end of the season.

I'm glad he didn't end up somewhere like Chelsea, Man City or PSG.
                  Agreed.

All I'll say on the matter is that Bayern have historically averaged a Bundesliga title once every two seasons. Will he be deemed a failure at Bayern if he doesn't land them a Champions' League?

Comment

Oh dear...just realized that Pep's brother is Luis Suarez's agent.

Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      All I'll say on the matter is that Bayern have historically averaged a Bundesliga title once every two seasons. Will he be deemed a failure at Bayern if he doesn't land them a Champions' League?
                      I think he probably would be. They've got to two finals in the past three seasons so I'm sure they'll be expecting Guardiola to make the difference and turn the runners up spots into wins.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                        I think he probably would be. They've got to two finals in the past three seasons so I'm sure they'll be expecting Guardiola to make the difference and turn the runners up spots into wins.
                        Not won the Champions' League since 2001 (Hargreaves, Effenberg, etc.), which is remarkable for one of European Club Football's true powerhouses.

Comment

Bayern are like Juve, it's surprising that they haven't won more European Cups. Since their great team of the 70's that won three on the trot I think they've been in six finals and lost five of them. Juve as well, since the 70's, seven finals and five losses.

Although at least Juve don't constantly lose to late goals and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory like Bayern seem to do! That final against Chelsea last season.........

Comment

Barcelona's unbeaten La Liga run is ended with a 3-2 defeat at Real Sociedad.

Barcelona slip to a 3-2 defeat at mid-table Real Sociedad, their first loss of the season in La Liga

2-0 up at half-time with goals from Pedro & you-know-who, before succumbing to a spirited Real Sociedad comeback aided perhaps by a Piqu? red card.

Title race back on?

Comment

Oh yeah, definitely, the cracks are starting to show

Watching Juve vs Udinese, Paul Pogba with an absolutely stunning long range goal in the first half. Juve should be miles ahead, could end up throwing away the three points like they did agains Parma last week if di Natale pops up with a sucker punch.

Edit: and just as I write that, Pogba pops up with another excellent long range strike.

Roma vs Inter tomorrow, my favourite match of the Serie A calendar. With a bit of luck I should get back from Spurs vs Man Utd just in time for kick-off (hopefully in a good mood ).

Comment

Pogba has looked pretty good for Juve.

Comment

Working...
                                X