Liverpool thread 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. Definitely your wires crossed.

Prinnysquad is a Sunderland fan, who Gyan played for. I quoted his whole reply, word for word and responded. That would be clear enough for most. Context enough for you?

With respect, please don't try to make presumptions about what I understand or don't understand when it comes to my responses to the comments made by other people on here.

Comment

With respect? After you told me to eff off?

I just wish you wouldn't get so defensive over things. Also calling things obvious nonsense when pretty much the entire footballing society agrees, even most Liverpool fans I know makes you look ignorant.

Comment

Sorry - you've got no leg to stand on whatsoever about respect when you make a snide and crass jibe about somebody's sex life.

So I've got this right: You're speaking for the entire footballing society and most Liverpool fans? you know the thoughts/opinions of the entire footballing society and most Liverpool fans to proclaim that one person is amongst "the worst in the game" for cheating? In an era when there have been drug cheats and rampant match fixers? When several players in said league have been FAR more blatant in their cheating (and that's only taking this season so far into account)? LOL.

Sorry, you're the one who looks ignorant when you come out with such hyperbole. It is obvious nonsense.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-01-2013, 18:51.

Comment

Drug cheats and rampant match fixing is far worse, I will give you that. Not the angle I was going with really, more on the pitch antics.

Comment

Oh jesus, come on chaps. No need to argue. Nice football debate is all we need in here and remember Suarez is the best

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Not the angle I was going with really, more on the pitch antics.
              Drug-cheating and rampant match-fixing have affected on the pitch antics - look back over the last 20-25 years (or even less). In any case, there have still been many worse players than Suarez for "on the field" cheating.

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
              Oh jesus, come on chaps. No need to argue. Nice football debate is all we need in here and remember Suarez is the best
              Not according to nakamura - the entire footballing society personally told him so, don't cha know?

Point taken about everything else, Adrock.

Word on the street is that Coates will be sent on loan for the second half of the season. Anybody else hear anything about this? I have a real feeling that his days at Liverpool seem numbered (hope I'm wrong) - always looks pretty decent to me when I've seen him play, although he wasn't at his best against Mansfield which is to be expected when Rodgers isn't playing him at all. He really ought to be first choice back-up behind Agger & Skrtel, imo.

Comment

I never said anything about the ability of Suarez. On pitch he is without doubt something of a marvel.
                Last edited by nakamura; 08-01-2013, 21:20.

Comment

Entire footballing society.

Does any other Liverpool fan on here think that a move for Wesley Sneijder could seriously happen? I personally doubt it and think that other team areas need to be addressed (left-back, cover for Lucas, etc).

Comment

Would be awesome if it did happen but in reality there's no chance. His wages are astronomical.

I agree cover for Lucas is essential (liverpool have looked like a different team with him back) but he is injury prone.

Still on the fence about whether they should get rid jose enrique. Seems to have an absolute shocker everytime I watch him play.

Comment

Lucas isn't injury prone in general. He had a massive knee injury and then got injured on his return with something different, its well known that players who have a long period on the sidelines will generally get a few niggling injuries on their return because they are pushing their body in ways they haven't done for a while.

I think a left back is a must, its the position that suffers most because there is no cover at all and Rodgers isn't willing to give Robinson a go there for whatever reason.

Sneijder, however, would be a brilliant signing. Having him in any part of the midfield or attacking three would place a creative quality, that just about any club would want, right in to the team to work alongside Suarez.

Comment

Henderson I truly believe will be an excellent player. Downing has ability and Enrique has had a terrible second half of the season but I do think he can be a decent full back consistently.
                        Who is this sage?

Only joking, that was from March last year. Its far too early to say Henderson is excellent but I'm pleased he is beginning to find his role within the team and by all accounts he had a good game today. Consistency and another couple of steps up in quality and he could be approaching the kind of player I hope he can become.

I've not seen any of it yet but today sounded like a good performance. I'll have to try and catch some of it.

Comment

Henderson is still very young and has simply been given a crazy price tag. It's not that he isn't or won't be good, more that British players are hugely overpriced.

Comment

Sigh... you just knew that was going to happen.

I called it fairly early on when I saw how comfortable West Brom were defending. Hats off to Ben Foster, he made some amazing saves.

Need to get rid of Enrique. I lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away.

All in all, a very disappointing night.

Comment

Such a frustrating match... They were all getting the fundamentals wrong... Simple passes that were easily intercepted or missing opportunities and giving the ball away too easily... The amount of attempts Liverpool had compared to west brom, and all it took was a couple of attempts at goal to score... Sigh... Poor Gerard is too tired these days to carry the whole squad on his back...

i still say the mid field needs to sort itself out... Not enough aggression there, and the players aren't tall enough to win in the air...

112 :/
                              Last edited by 112; 11-02-2013, 22:38.

Comment

Same old one step forward two steps back.

Like the way the BBC reported the "dent in our Champions League qualification hopes" lol they went back in September.

Think I'd happily settle for sixth come the end of the season at the moment.

This fact says it all, even gone are the days we'd beat the top teams and lose to those in the bottom half. Now we just lose to everyone. A season to forget for sure. So disappointing after the inkling we could have a good year.

Originally posted by BBC
                                •The result means Liverpool are still to beat a team currently in the top half of the Premier League table this season

Comment

Working...
                                X