No announcement yet.

Liverpool thread 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is grim. Didn't know liverpool hadn't managed to beat a top half the table team.

I agree about the "champions league hopes" comments too. Liverpool are so far away from those teams this seasons it seems daft even talking about it.

Also read the other day Suarez has said while on international duty if they don't make it into the top four he's off.
    Last edited by Kit; 12-02-2013, 12:16.

Comment

Thanks to the FA Cup Semi-Final draw, whoever out of Blackburn Rovers, Millwall or Wigan reach the FA Cup Final will get the Europa League spot normally reserved for FA Cup winners who don't qualify for European competition via league position (Man City, Chelsea and Man-Ure are quite likely to qualify for CL next season).

This means that we will have to finish 5th in the league to claim Europa League football next season, with top-four looking mathematically possible but very unlikely.

Our remaining fixtures for this season:

Southampton (A)
      Aston Villa (A)
      West Ham (H)
      Reading (A)
      Chelsea (H)
      Newcastle (A)
      Everton (H)
      Fulham (A)
      QPR (H)

Anybody brave enough for results/points predictions?

Comment

I'll be brave and say 5th come the end of the season, wouldn't have said that three weeks back, we still have to play quite a few teams in the relegation battle which will be probably be tougher games than those in the top half of the table.
        Going to be a corker of a relegation battle this year, with so many teams on 33 points at the moment.

Comment

It's more than possible. It's from Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea and maybe Swansea for the third to fifth spots. Though I would count Swansea out certainly for CL but I have learned that anything can happen.

Comment

Can't see a top-four finish for Liverpool. Too many points need to be dropped by too many teams above us with not enough games left.

Offer me a 5th-place finish and a 65-70pt total now and I'd bite your hand off.

Comment

I agree it is unlikely but as I said you never know. Liverpool have slowly closed the gap since their weak start to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Thanks to the FA Cup Semi-Final draw, whoever out of Blackburn Rovers, Millwall or Wigan reach the FA Cup Final will get the Europa League spot normally reserved for FA Cup winners who don't qualify for European competition via league position (Man City, Chelsea and Man-Ure are quite likely to qualify for CL next season).

This means that we will have to finish 5th in the league to claim Europa League football next season, with top-four looking mathematically possible but very unlikely.

Our remaining fixtures for this season:

Southampton (A)
                Aston Villa (A)
                West Ham (H)
                Reading (A)
                Chelsea (H)
                Newcastle (A)
                Everton (H)
                Fulham (A)
                QPR (H)

Anybody brave enough for results/points predictions?
                That's not a bad run in of games bar Chelsea and Everton. Though some feel it's tougher at the end of the season when you take on a few clubs battling relegation - personally I think they make more mistakes.

They might as well give Liverpool the 3 points now for the QPR game.

Think David is right. 5th would cap off a decent end of season.

Comment

Working...
                X