No announcement yet.

Manchester United FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moyes seemed somewhat ratty during today's press conference. In fairness, I think he's right in saying the performance wasn't *that* bad, woeful midfield aside. A Rooney header a couple of inches lower and United might have been able to win the game. I've seen much worse from United this season, though I'm sure Moyes won't be too keen to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
      Am surprised it's only 17 games to be honest, just the memories of all the CL rejects being dumped in to it in January that still haunts me.
      It just feels like more games that it is because some of the opposition in the earlier rounds aren't always... the most glamorous

It's a competition the definitely needs a revamp though. No CL rejects, more prize money, and (although harsh on the smaller teams) have more of the minnows eliminated in pre-qualifying rounds so the group stages have more big teams facing off. I would say go back to the classic all knockout format but that won't happen.

Sorry for filling up the Man Utd thread with Europa League discussion, although, it'll be less of a shock next season if you get used to talking about it now I kid, I kid. Probably.

Comment

Be lucky to make it to 5th.

Comment

Lol 0-1 Here we go again!

Comment

Just need another 18 points or so and we should be safe

Comment

I'm serious.

God now I know how Liverpool fans have been feeling for the last decade+

Comment

Anyone who has read any of the previous Man Utd threads knows my feelings about Nani they are well documented (I can't stand the guy).
                How the hell did he get a new (and improved) 5 year deal? Please someone tell me it was a master stroke by Moyes to try and raise his transfer value before an impending sale? Seriously I can't believe we have to put up with this lightweight for another 5 years? Awful.

Comment

The game today has been flat for united no Rooney who I'm sure would have made chances for goals.

I don't get it we draw, lose games and pull out the bag a big away win in champions league then can't even beat Everton/ Newcastle in the league.

Home to shakhtar Donetsk and away to villa a must get wins for sure.

Comment

We are devoid of creativity. Something that was obvious in the summer.

We are there for the taking at the moment, we are all lubed up with our pants around our ankles waiting for a pounding.

Comment

Manchester United boss David Moyes says his side are still in the Premier League title race despite suffering two home defeats in four days.
                      United are 12 points behind leaders Arsenal, who play Everton on Sunday.
                      But Moyes said: "I stand firm that we'll be very close to it (the title race) and I hope we're in and around it at the end of the season."
                      When asked why he was so confident, Moyes replied: "The players - because I am working with the champions."
                      More to follow.

Comment

RvP allegedly put in a transfer request earlier in the week so he could go January.

Comment

You're winding me up?

Comment

Just googled it. Mark Lawrenson is the source, lol pinch of salt needed. Denied by Moyes about half an hour ago but then what do you expect. Getting rid of Phelan and Muelensteen was a big mistake IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                              God now I know how Liverpool fans have been feeling for the last decade+
                              More like 20 years (bar the CL success etc).

Originally posted by wod View Post
                              I don't get it we draw, lose games and pull out the bag a big away win in champions league then can't even beat Everton/ Newcastle in the league.
                              This has been LFC's downfall for many a year, beating a top team then a week later losing to someone near the bottom of the table, it's just like the players aren't up for the smaller games some times.

Comment

[QUOTE=EJG1980;2103908]The "we need to be unsuccessful this year to give us a kick up the arse to force us to improve" idea is a tempting one but I'm not sure it actually works very often. Newcastle getting relegated forced them to slash the wage bill and cut costs and they're now in a much more sustainable financial position, but I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head where a bad season may have helped in the long term.
                                /QUOTE]

Norwich and Southampton?

Certainly in Norwich's case relegation to League One caused a massive shake up.
                                The appointments of Paul Lambert as manager and more importantly David McNally as Chief Honcho made all the difference to a fast ailing club.
                                I may bitch about how hopeless they are at times but that's just the usual fan's desperation to do well and be better than we really are. We are a long way away from the desperate days when Roeder was in charge. Importantly the club is now entirely debt free. It has been shrewd management all round. I just hope Hughton becomes a bit more positive in his approach.

Sorry for taking this a bit OT but I'm sure it could actually do Man U some good although on a totally different scale (missing the Champions League being slightly different to League 1 relegation!)

Comment

Working...
                                X