No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Club announcement - Tottenham Hotspur Limited agrees a £150m capital increase"

Tottenham, London: Tottenham Hotspur Limited (the “Club” or “Spurs”) has, today, Tuesday 24 May 2022, agreed a capital increase of up to £150m from majority shareholder, ENIC Sports Inc (“ENIC”), via the issue of convertible A Shares and accompanying warrants.

I have a feeling this may be an interesting summer.

Comment

Ah, thanks for posting that video - quite a lovely watch. I'm pretty sure it was on these very forums a few years ago, when we were talking about Son and we were debating whether he was the club's best finisher, even better than Kane. I still think he is, he rarely seems to fluff a finish when in front of goal, while Kane often takes potshots from a far (not to mention his bloody free kicks, which basically are appalling) - the caveat being that Kane takes more shots so is bound to miss more.

That club announcement is definitely interesting. If that's a £150m investment for player funds, and is on top of incoming transfer funds, that could give us a lot of money to play with. You'd assume Ndombele, Lo Celso, possibly Gil, and the likes of Winks, Reguilon, Emerson & Bergwyn (maybe) are all up for sale. Although I think we also have to pay out for Romero and Kulusevski, so that's somewhere in the region of £60m already gone.

And what an impact from Kulusevski - definitely second prize back in Jan, once we knew Liverpool had beaten us to Diaz, but he made a massive impact and looks the real deal. I have an Italian, football mad, work colleague and, back in Jan, he said 'Kulusevski is amazing, I'm surprised Juve have sold him. He was brilliant for Parma.' I have to admit, I was cynical, and was also totally wrong.

Definitely an interesting summer ahead. I'm not counting my chickens just yet, however - this is THFC we're talking about!

Comment

I think this January had to be our best ever January transfer window for instant impact combined with what look like (hopefully) very good long term purchases.

I mentioned Kulusevski's time at Parma on here when we signed him, so thought he'd do well and surprise a few people, but I didn't think he'd instantly be as good as he has been. The trio of him, Kane and Son look like they've been playing together for years. And he's still only 21!

Bentancur has been very good too. Kind of Michael Carrick like in that he's not the flashiest or most noticeable player, but if you took him out of the team you'd be thinking "Hang on, how come our midfield suddenly looks crap?".

Another YouTube video from the club, this time a five minute season review / highlights video:

The highs and the lows. The last-minute winners at Leicester City and Manchester City. The North London Derby victory. The Golden Boot for Heung-Min Son. The...

Comment

Loved being reminded about that Lucas Moura goal at 1'20", beautiful dribbling and quick passing move - perhaps there should be another Son video showing his assists this season too.

Comment

First signing of the summer in the bag and it's not even June yet. Ivan Perisic has signed on a free transfer after he didn't renew his contract with Inter.

I'm very happy that we've got him, one of the absolute best left wingbacks in the world for the past couple of seasons, would have been right at the top of my list for upgrading that position in our team. Him and Son attacking teams on our left hand side should be very tasty, and I can see Harry grabbing a lot of goals from his crosses into the box.

If you haven't seen much of him play, here's a nice little video of all his goals and assists from last season:

Comment

Modric, Rakitic and Perisic were the three Croatians who our glorious England manager GS gifted the midfield to in the second half of that that infamous WC semi-final. Three of the best midfielders in the competition and arguably the world.

Perisic can play practically any position and I'm thinking Conte is going to use him in a left side role matching Kulusevski on the right rather than just as left wing back. He has the potential for being a very effective addition to the Spurs line up. Just hope he fits in.
              Last edited by fallenangle; 01-06-2022, 11:06. Reason: typo

Comment

Personally I think he'll be playing most of his games as a wingback next season, as that's where he's been playing for the past two seasons and it was Conte who converted him to that position in the first place. But I agree we'll at least see some games here and there where Perisic will play in one of the other positions he can perform. Up front, as you mentioned: Son injured or needs a rest? Perisic moves up front, Sessegnon comes in at wingback. Perisic's versatility could come in very useful next season.

Speaking of wingbacks, I expect one of Sessegnon or Reguilon will be sold now, and I'd put my money on it being Reguilon. By the second half of the season Sess was usually first choice ahead of Reg when both were fit, Sess is homegrown, three years younger, and we should be able to get a good fee from a Spanish club if we sell Reg.

I think Sess has impressed more often in big matches too, the Liverpool match at the end of the season for example, where Salah got very little joy up against him and he contributed at the other end with the assist for Son's goal. Being able to learn from Perisic every day in training should really help his development too, and I think he'll still get a decent amount of game time with the number of matches we should have next season.

It'll be very interesting to see what the first 11 looks like at the start of next season, if Conte gets the number of transfers he supposedly wants this summer!

Comment

That is exactly what I was thinking about Perisic - being played in a more forward role, left winger rather than wing-back if Son is injured or being rested.

Agreed it'll probably be Reguillon who goes. It was being suggested in some newspapers months ago that Spurs will sell him this summer as a cash raiser for other purchases. It'll be a shame to see him go because he's a very good player, arguably the better part of the wasted Bale deal. But he's out of favour for whatever reason and Sess finally coming into the form he promised has not helped.

Comment

Bloody hell:

Reports in Brazil have claimed that Tottenham ace Emerson Royal managed to escape an armed robbery attempt in his home country in the early hours of Friday morning

"29 shots fired"! Thankfully he and his dad appear to be 100% okay but what a terrible thing to be caught up in.

Comment

Spurs put up a video yesterday (I feel like they should be paying me for promoting their YouTube channel ) where Jermain Defoe interviews Harry Kane.

They talk about Kane's early years, a bit about when their paths crossed when Kane was coming through and Defoe was in his final couple of years at the club, and Kane's first few seasons as a first team regular. A shame they didn't have five minutes extra to mention his most recent seasons, especially 2020/21 where he won the golden boot and was top assister, but what is there is decent listen.

There's also a video from a few days ago with every Premier League goal we scored last season.

Unrelated edit: I watched the Wales vs Ukraine World Cup qualifier earlier, brilliant display from Ben Davies. Such an underrated player, but I hope his performances this season in our back three will get him some of the recognition he deserves.
                      Last edited by EJG1980; 05-06-2022, 19:42.

Comment

I was going to post pretty much the same thing about Ben Davies. Always like to see Spurs/ex-Spurs players doing well whichever international team they represent unless they're playing against England. So Wales has long ago been promoted to my second favourite home side for just that reason.

Really good watch that game after the dull as ditch-water England effort the evening before.

Comment

Another “meh” England performance but at least we got to see Harry reach his half century for England. Four goals away from being England’s all time record goalscorer and nineteen away from doing the same for Spurs.

Comment

England could well end up at the foot of their group if they continue playing like they did in the first half and until Grealish came on in the second.

Then we started to look more dangerous and I think the Germans ran out of gas, at least creatively. We should have had at least one goal from open play as well as the penalty. But then again the Germans could have scored another too if Pickford had not been on form. Although I thought he should have done better trying to deal with the shot from which they scored.

Good to see K.Trippier back in the side and on decent form also ignoring all the grief he was getting from the German crowd for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                              England could well end up at the foot of their group if they continue playing like they did in the first half and until Grealish came on in the second.
                              I have no idea why Southgate keeps picking Mason Mount ahead of Grealish. Most times I see England play and Mount starts he generally does very little, and then Grealish replaces him and England instantly look more creative and dangerous. Maybe Mount has some incriminating photos of Southgate or something.

Another new player through the door at Spurs today, with the signing of Fraser Forster on a free transfer after his contract ran out at Southampton.

Not too exciting or glamourous but a sensible signing; with Hugo's new contract running for the next two seasons there's no immediate hurry to bring in a new number one, so Forster replaces the outgoing Gollini, we keep the £13 million we'd have to have paid to make Gollini's loan permanent, and with Forster being English we now have an extra space for a foreign signing.

Comment

Another vote here for Ben Davies, who was awesome in the last 10-12 games of the season, and was also excellent in Wales's game against Ukraine. Interesting that we're apparently after another left-sided central defender - allegedly keen in spending a lot of money on the Inter player Bastoni, who seems rather keen on staying where he is, and one or two other defenders. To be fair, Sanchez doesn't always exude confidence, and I never feel too confident whenever it's a back there of Dier, Sanchez and one other, so at least one more CB seems essential. That would possibly allow Tanganga to go out on loan and maybe even the same for Rodon, who it doesn't look like Conte fancies.

The latest rumour has us being keen on Richarlison - and I like the sound of this, even though it seems to be sending some Spurs fans on Twitter into meltdown. Can lead the line or play wide as part of a three up-front, so would be able to cover for Kane or Son/Kulusevski, and has proven PL success....in two teams who have spent most of their time in the bottom half of the table.

An interesting few weeks await, although how many of the rumours will even be for players we are genuinely after, let alone come true, will be one surprise after another probably! But it does feel rather exciting - allegedly money to spend, a desire to spend it before August 31st and no rumours about our best player leaving. This is still Tottenham, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X