Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice low key match to ease us into the FA Cup this season

Comment

Yep, tough draw but certainly not beyond Spurs to win it.

Comment

I actually said when watching the draw that I thought we'd get Arsenal at home, probably the closest I've ever come to being right about something football related. My personal preference in cup matches is to be drawn against big teams we don't get to play any more because of relegation, the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, etc.. An extra derby game isn't too shabby though!

Comment

Decent match last night, very entertaining considering it was a dead rubber. Nice to see players in need of a confidence boost getting involved, hat-trick for Soldado, lovely assist for the second from Lamela, Eriksen and (finally!) Rose back from injury. Goal of the night goes to Holtby though, his touch, control and finish for the third were superb.

While the opposition hasn't been of the highest calibre, it's still pleasing to get eight wins out of eight thus far in the Europa League. Draw for the knockout rounds is on Monday.

Comment

Yes you've been very good in Europe can't deny that.

I'm going to the game on Sunday, first game I've been to for about three years. Should be a good few goals and either team could end up winning 4-3 or something.

LFC fan living down south here by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
              I'm going to the game on Sunday, first game I've been to for about three years. Should be a good few goals and either team could end up winning 4-3 or something.

LFC fan living down south here by the way.
              It's a tough match to call as our home form hasn't been brilliant compared to our away form, whereas Liverpool seem to be the opposite. I guess that means both teams will be rubbish and it'll end up 0-0

I hope we can score a few goals but that's been one of our problems this season. We haven't scored more than two goals in any league match yet, this season. 2-1 seems to be Spurs' favourite score against Liverpool, four times we've won by that scoreline in the past five meetings at WHL.

Enjoy your trip to the Lane, but not too much obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                Decent match last night, very entertaining considering it was a dead rubber. Nice to see players in need of a confidence boost getting involved, hat-trick for Soldado, lovely assist for the second from Lamela, Eriksen and (finally!) Rose back from injury. Goal of the night goes to Holtby though, his touch, control and finish for the third were superb.

While the opposition hasn't been of the highest calibre, it's still pleasing to get eight wins out of eight thus far in the Europa League. Draw for the knockout rounds is on Monday.
                Loved that Holtby goal too and a good win although their goal was, again, an unnecessary giveaway.

Hope Spurs get a kind knockout round draw and give Liverpool a damned good thrashing this weekend too.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                  Hope Spurs get a kind knockout round draw...
                  Our potential opponents in the last 32 are:

FC Chornomorets Odesa (UKR)
                  Esbjerg fB (DEN)
                  NK Maribor (SVN)
                  FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)
                  Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR)
                  FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
                  FC Slovan Liberec (CZE)
                  Real Betis Balompi? (ESP)
                  SS Lazio (ITA)
                  PAOK FC (GRE)
                  AFC Ajax (NED)
                  Juventus (ITA)
                  FC Porto (POR)
                  FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)

A few names in there that stand out

Comment

As a Spurs supporting Real Betis season ticket holder I've certainly got my fingers crossed that they draw each other. Pity Sevilla won their group, as I could have taken double pleasure from Spurs giving them a hiding!

Otherwise, it would be nice, glamour/competitiveness wise, to play Ajax, Juve or Porto. Dnipro are, of course, coached by Juande Ramos, the last coach to lead us to a trophy.

We'll probably end up with Slovan Liberec.

Comment

I'll be happy if we stay clear of the CL dropouts. We'll likely have to face either Porto, Juve or Ajax sometime further on but I just hope not in the first round.

Sunday Edit:-

Half-Time and 2 - 0 to Liverpool.

Told you Spurs should have tried marking Suarez out of the game right from the start. Listening on 5Live it sounds as if Liverpool are dominant and Spurs are just coming off second best in all areas. Boos from the Spurs crowd as the players left the pitch at HT.

Just gets worse - Paulinho sent off and Walker already on a yellow card playing so close to the edge it looks like he wants to join him.
                      Last edited by fallenangle; 15-12-2013, 16:27.

Comment

I thought Man city was bad, but that was abysmal. Thoroughly desereved that hammering and it proves that man city was not a one off.

Comment

Terrible today, no excuses for a performance like that at. It would have been bad in isolation but only a few matches after the Man City match.... Even worse was that today was so important, a chance to go level with Liverpool and now we're six points behind. As said in the Liverpool thread, could so easily have been more than five goals. Oh, in matches against the top eight this season we've taken 3 points from a possible 21.

Not much else to say other than "ugh".

Comment

Liverpool when we had the ball were snapping at us all the time, when they had we just kept that high line and let them move it around. I really do feel for Soldardo being there up by himself with no delivery (apart from chadli he put a few in today).
                            We just seem so slow on the ball now and when the 4th went in i said to the missus that if this happens once more soon or we continue not scoring goals then AVB is a gonna.

I know at 75 mins we hadnt a single shot on target but not sure if we got one by the end which is a ^&**ing disgrace. But then who do we replace AVB with. Levy said after ramos and that other numb nut director of football Harry was the right choice. Now we're back to a coach and whatever Baldinis title is.

Did AVB ask for these players and Baldini get them or did Baldini get them as this is like deja-vu of 5 years ago.

Comment

The service (or lack thereof) we give our strikers, I think Marco van Basten would struggle to find the net!

In small patches this season we've shown we actually can play with a bit of speed and movement, but 90% of the time it's just so slow and static. I like AVB, but he has to get more out of the players we have. He needs time to bed in new players but it's starting to get a bit too long now without really seeing the team improving the style of play and we're losing the defensive solidity we had earlier in the season.

Oh, saw a post by Opta Stats on twitter, we did go the whole match with no shots on target.

Comment

Devil's Advocate: If Levy was to get rid of AVB now, who would you guys want to replace him with?

(Genuine question, not trolling)

Comment

Working...
                                X