No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurs was the first club he'd started a second season with. Although I'm sure Porto would have kept him if he hadn't gone to Chelsea!

Just read that AVB has the highest points per game average of any Spurs manager in the Premier League era.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
      sorry for the 5 nil tonking
      No need for apologies, thank you for stopping at five!!

Comment

Capello was at White Hart Lane yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          Capello was at White Hart Lane yesterday.
          Commentating for Sky Italia. He was at Chelsea last week doing the same.

Comment

And also has a well paid contract with the Russian national team. In addition, he is hardly a long-term option.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
              And also has a well paid contract with the Russian national team. In addition, he is hardly a long-term option.
              Although Hiddink was also Russia manager when he had his spell in charge of Chelsea, but, that clearly only happened because of the influence of Abramovich.

Comment

Dalgliesh was also at WHL yesterday...

No doubt all the usual suspects that get mentioned when a PL job comes up will all be mooted about at some point.

Comment

Reunion with Juande Ramos in the Europa League! Kinda had to happen on the day we sacked AVB.

Comment

I would be quite happy if he took over at West Brom

Comment

Just heard about AVB going and my feelings are too that it is very premature.

From MotD where they showed part of the press interview there was a suggestion that there have been behind the scenes 'disagreements' about some of the Spurs purchases. But sack a manager whose team is still fairly well placed in the league, is a favourite for the Europa League Cup and is in a good position to win at least one home trophy is grossly unfair.

I think AVB has made player selection/formation choices that are questionable, his reluctance to play Defoe in particular. The mistake he made yesterday was admitting his tactical responsibility for the defeat yesterday. Doing that he effectively put his head on the block and the opportunity has been taken.

I think the defeat was down to the lack of quality quality in depth in defence and I believe I said so earlier in the season. A few key defensive players out through injury and you need a disciplined, hard working, defensive mid-fielder, like Scott Parker, working in front of them to make up for that.

Dembele looks like that guy, even better actually, but he doesn't display the same work ethic or awareness of where the danger is going to come from. Yesterday I was watching some of the mid-fielders, not just him, when the Spurs defence was under pressure and their casualness, simply not looking for, let alone tracking back with the opposition runners racing to support their attack was extraordinarily.

A bad couple of days for Spurs, all we need now is a lousy draw in the Europa knock out stage to complete the misery.

Comment

We got Dnipro in the Europa League. Juande Ramos back at the Lane.

If we win that tie we play the winners of PAOK vs Benfica in the next round.
                        Last edited by EJG1980; 16-12-2013, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                          I think the defeat was down to the lack of quality quality in depth in defence and I believe I said so earlier in the season. A few key defensive players out through injury and you need a disciplined, hard working, defensive mid-fielder, like Scott Parker, working in front of them to make up for that.
                          We have Sandro, who performed that role far better than Parker last season. Indeed, Sandro's injury neatly coincided with our poorer form in the second half of the season. Unfortunately, due to the defensive injuries you have highlighted, his natural replacement, Capoue, was unable to replace him when he went off injured on Sunday and we all know what happened after that.

Comment

Maybe have an interim manager until the end of season, and then appoint Klinsmann after USA fail to win the World Cup. Would be beautiful.

Comment

I believe he just signed a contract extension with the USA which lasts until 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                                We have Sandro, who performed that role far better than Parker last season. Indeed, Sandro's injury neatly coincided with our poorer form in the second half of the season. Unfortunately, due to the defensive injuries you have highlighted, his natural replacement, Capoue, was unable to replace him when he went off injured on Sunday and we all know what happened after that.
                                Agree with that, I think I said earlier in the thread that I didn't mind the sale of Parker as I'd want Sandro starting ahead of him anyway.

My main problem with the team is that the midfield is often too conservative and doesn't offer enough creativity going forwards. We still haven't really replaced Modric effectively.

Comment

Working...
                                X