Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post

I know it's obvious, but they should never have gotten rid of Redknapp.
    Don't know about that...not a Spurs fan myself but I can't stand the guy.

Overrated as a manager and arguably the biggest self-publicist ever seen in the british game this side of Terry Venables, and that's not even mentioning his friends in the media who were blatantly gunning for AVB (rightly or wrongly, to whatever degree).

He was openly canvassing for the England job while at Spurs, ffs!

Comment

100% agreed. I don't hate Redknapp but vastly overrated. Jamie could barely hold his happiness in when it happened and practically said AvB wasn't as good as his dad whilst live on air!

Comment

Yeah, must stress, I dislike Redknapp and think he is vastly overrated too...but he was decent enough for Spurs in my opinion. Certainly not worse than AVB.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
          Yeah, must stress, I dislike Redknapp and think he is vastly overrated too...but he was decent enough for Spurs in my opinion. Certainly not worse than AVB.
          Crap but decent enough for Spuds? Ooooof!

Comment

In terms of results there's not much between Harry and AVB, AVB actually has a higher points per game average if you compare the two. I have to say that the football was more exciting and pleasing on the eye when Harry was in charge, but I had more faith in AVB being able to turn around a bad run or fix a problem with the team. Both have their pros and cons.

I liked Harry and it was great time when he was our manager, but it can't be denied that he got (and gets) a shockingly easy ride from the media (and by extension, Spurs as a club got a much easier ride when Harry was in charge).

Our collapse at the end of the season before last being a good example: 10 points clear of Arsenal and we go on a run of nine matches where we get 4 points from a possible 27 and miss out on CL qualification. AVB has been slaughtered by the press for much less and has never had a run of form that bad, yet Harry's time at Spurs is spoken about as if he did no wrong. The press never really attributed much blame to Harry at the time either, even though it was the second year in a row we'd had a terrible run at the business end of the season.

99% of the stuff he came out with I didn't care about, but the England situation did irk me. Even more so when he came out at the end of the season and said Levy needed to give him a new contract to show loyalty to him! I wouldn't be surprised if that played a large role in Levy deciding to let him go.

Comment

Sherwood out?

Losing twice to West Ham in one season... definitely a sign of the apocalypse.

I think I'm gonna try and avoid football until Sunday!

Comment

Not an easy game away to Southampton for you next, you really do need a win there. That collapse 18 months ago was woeful and not the sort of thing you would wish on any team. Well apart from Man Utd.

Comment

The lose today was predictable, loss of focus, change, uncertainty etc etc but from the sound of it Spurs actually played quite well. Damned shame though because even with the teams we were likely to meet I really think we had a chance of winning it.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                    The lose today was predictable, loss of focus, change, uncertainty etc etc but from the sound of it Spurs actually played quite well. Damned shame though because even with the teams we were likely to meet I really think we had a chance of winning it.
                    That was probably the most annoying aspect of the evening, it really was a decent performance and we were clearly on top for a good seventy minutes. Adebayor going off made a big difference, he really played well tonight.

I don't think Dawson has had the best of times recently but it's a shame he wasn't playing tonight, he would have been ideal for helping us cope with the long balls West Ham were bombarding us with for the last twenty minutes. Ah well, hopefully we'll have better luck in the Europa League and FA Cup.

Well I managed to avoid football for almost an hour, not quite Sunday, but fairly close

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                      That was probably the most annoying aspect of the evening, it really was a decent performance and we were clearly on top for a good seventy minutes. Adebayor going off made a big difference, he really played well tonight.

I don't think Dawson has had the best of times recently but it's a shame he wasn't playing tonight, he would have been ideal for helping us cope with the long balls West Ham were bombarding us with for the last twenty minutes. Ah well, hopefully we'll have better luck in the Europa League and FA Cup.

Well I managed to avoid football for almost an hour, not quite Sunday, but fairly close
                      Ironically, you know what would have been great for avoiding the late barrage of long balls into our penalty area? A higher defensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Jamie could barely hold his happiness in when it happened and practically said AvB wasn't as good as his dad whilst live on air!
                        Well that's at least something Jamie got right

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Well that's at least something Jamie got right
                          No, unfortunately we are yet to find anything that Jamie's right about. In this case, AVB was at least as good as Redknapp, considering he led us to a record Premier League points haul last season and did so without Modric, the hub of Redknapp's side and, Bale aside, our best player.

This season, he had done a commendable job considering the summer overhaul and the number of injuries suffered. Okay, there have been a few heavy defeats, but we were still broadly on track, five points off the top four and eight points off top of the league, still in the Europa League and Capital One Cup. Without giving him until the end of the season it is impossible to know where we would have finished, but on the evidence we have, there is nothing to suggest that Redknapp was better than him.

Comment

considering he led us to a record Premier League points haul last season and did so without Modric, the hub of Redknapp's side and, Bale aside, our best player.
                            Tbh those sorts of figures don't meant much really for all sorts of reasons . All I will say its I thought Spurs looked better under Harry than they did under AVB , but granted that just going off SKY Sports or ITV don't watch the club week in , week out .

Comment

Resisted even with the number of emails this week, but had to post one sorry

Comment

Ahhh, gotta let them have their moment. They have won two cup finals this season so it's not surprising hammers fans are quite excited

Comment

Working...
                                X