No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised it wasn't a contract until the end of this season then see how he's done and either renew it or go for Van Gaal.

Time will tell, don't envy the up and down life of a Spurs fan, and that's just the first 45 minutes

Comment

Nah, it's part of the fun of being a Spurs fan, wouldn't want it any other way

I think the contract is a compromise; long enough so that Sherwood doesn't feel like an interim manager (he said he had no interest in just taking the job until the end of the season) but short enough so that there won't be much compensation for Levy to pay if it all goes tits up and he gets sacked.

Comment

Gah, not a very good performance today. Our home form is costing us, no win at home in five matches in the league. Great chance to catch up Everton gone begging and Newcastle and Man Utd have gone ahead of us.

Comment

Today was much better though. Three goals! A clean sheet! A home win! Good stuff

Still guilty of the old Spurs habit of missing lots of chances, although it's nice to be creating chances to miss, at least! Adebayor and Eriksen missing what should have been clear goals within a second of each other, and Soldado had really good chance early in the second half that he put straight at the keeper.

Good performances overall though from everyone, lovely goals from Dembele and Lennon. Dembele was man of the match by a mile, excellent performance.

Hopefully he has another one ready for Old Trafford, massive match with us and Man Utd level on points and both within three points of the top four. Really looking forward to it, let's hope we kick off 2014 with a great away win!

Comment

Yep, just the result Spurs needed against Stoke and the two open play goals were high quality too.

As you say: massive game to come at MU; like us to win of course but I'd be satisfied with a draw. As long as we can keep no more than five or six points off the top four places I think Spurs will still have a realistic chance of grabbing one of them.

Comment

Good to see Dembele playing after all the money you spent on him in the summer.
              Bound to be some goals at Old Trafford, just a case of if you can score more than you let in!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                Good to see Dembele playing after all the money you spent on him in the summer.
                As he's made 27 appearances this season and we signed him in 2012... I'm going to guess you actually meant someone else

Comment

I meant this bloke Lamela lol, can't keep up with all your transfers names

Erik Lamela, 32, from Argentina ➤ Sevilla FC, since 2021 ➤ Right Winger ➤ Market value: €3.00m ➤ * Mar 4, 1992 in Carapachay, Argentina

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                    I meant this bloke Lamela lol, can't keep up with all your transfers names

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ri...er_111630.html
                    Hehe, yeah, we have gone on a bit of a trolley dash for players the last couple of summers

Erik Lamela was the summer signing that excited me the most this year, if he can find his feet in the Premier League he's got what it takes to be a really world class player. He had an underwhelming first season at Roma too, before hitting his stride and having an outstanding second season. I'm hopeful he will get more playing time in the second half of this season.

Comment

Bit of bad news for you re Paulinho's injury

Tottenham midfielder Paulinho is ruled out for at least a month with an ankle injury suffered in a tackle with Charlie Adam.

Comment

Come on you Spurs, see Welbeck and the usual suspects were doing their dying fly impressions again

Comment

Beautiful. Just read the Skysports news bit on what Moyes was saying. I see he has the same thing in common with Ferguson. Pair of *****.

Comment

Yay! Spurs won, couldn't believe it but after seeing MotD we were very lucky with some of the refereeing decisions. But the number of times we or others have suffered the same sort of injustices and MU benefited must far outweigh the other so I'm not that sympathetic to Moyes' post match moaning.

Keeps us in touch with the top four places which is just what we needed.

If we can dispatch Arsenal at the weekend along with yesterday's result that would add up to a really great start to the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                              If we can dispatch Arsenal at the weekend along with yesterday's result that would add up to a really great start to the new year.
                              I think you'd be doing us a favour TBH. I can't see Arsenal fighting on too many fronts with the lack of depth in the squad.

Comment

Yes one or two injuries to important players and Arsenal will be up against it for sure.
                                Not sure Berbatov is the answer to Arsenals need for a goalscorer either, always thought of him as lazy and best coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go. Not one of Fergie's best buys at ?30M back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X