Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
    Yes, and I remember the day. And that's about it isn't it!

EDIT

That night we won the Cup was amazing. All people on their doorsteps, every car down the street was just a beep of horns until early hours, it was very very very very special.

On the Sunday, my Dad was working, but my Mum and one of my brothers (the other brother wasn't even born!) went into the town for the Sunday parade and it was amazing seeing the bus drive though, a see of sky blue shirts. I was 12 at the time. Although, when we were in the Prem League, I saw us beat UTD 3-2 at home, that was special, I went with the brother who was then born, he is die hard CCFC. That was a beautiful day.
    I was only 7 at the time and a I wasn't "properly into" football at that point, so I haven't got too many concrete memories of that day (luckily, I suppose!). First ever cup final Spurs had lost, at that time.

It was quite funny last season when we had Coventry in the third round of the cup and Gary Mabbutt was interviewed on yeh pitch at half time, I've never heard a Spurs player getting such a great reception from the travelling fans

Comment

Gary Mabbutts Knee is a long term running skyblues fanzine I like Spurs, I know when they score when they're on tv, next door neighbours, whole house support them, they go crazy when they score, rightly so! I listen to Coventry games on the radio these days. We don't even have our own stadium for home games. Its a sorry state of affairs. Lost 3-0 to Notts County on Saturday too. Trying hard for the playoffs, but sadly, the ten point deduction might just be the difference.

Comment

It's a real shame what's happened to Coventry. Hopefully they can come through it and get back up to the top flight one day, you never know what can happen if they can get some decent owners to take over the club. Although I suppose just getting back to your own stadium would be a good start! So many of the teams who were in the top flight when I started watching football properly have fallen on hard times (Coventry, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, etc).

Comment

Great win tonight, really good performance and fairly comfortable aside from right at the start when Cisse shot straight at Lloris, and when we were 2-0 up Lloris made a superb save from a header (Cisse again I think). Our passing and movement was very slick tonight, faster paced and more one touch than usual, good to watch. Chadli scored a magnificent goal to cap the evening off.

Arsenal and Man Utd drawing was a good result for us, it'll be a perfect evening if Fulham can hold on and get at least a point against Liverpool. Only 7 points off the top of the league....

Balls, last minute penalty for Liverpool. Silly Fulham! Didn't except them to drop points though so it would have been an unexpected bonus.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 12-02-2014, 20:49.

Comment

You jinxed yourself lol

Adebayor the difference eh? On fire.
            Last edited by hudson; 12-02-2014, 21:04.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
              You jinxed yourself lol

Adebayor the difference eh? On fire.
              I thought I'd jinx it if I mentioned it, but then I thought not mentioning it would be cowardly and that might also lead to a jinxing. So Fulham were doomed whatever I did

Yup, having a striker who's scored 8 goals in 10 matches has certainly been a nice addition! He's such a brilliant player when he's on form, absolutely superb at holding up the ball and bringing others into play, in addition to the goals.

It's also helped that the whole team now is (for the most part) playing with a bit more freedom and licence to express themselves than they did under AVB. We're better now at creating clear cut chances for players like Adebayor to put away than we were earlier in the season.

We now have the best away record in the league after that win tonight. It's a shame our home form has been so patchy, that has held us back this season. Hopefully the Everton win was the start of a good run of home form too.

Comment

Excellent win tonight and no goals let in either. That final Chadhli goal was pure class.

Yes, shame Fulham couldn't hold Liverpool but with us winning too not as disappointing as it could have been. Spurs are still in the mix.

Comment

Spurs sign a five year deal with AIA (currently our cup shirt sponsors) to be our sole sponsor for the next five years. The Evening Standard are reporting that the deal is worth ?20 million a season. Hats off to Daniel Levy if that figure is accurate, a brilliant deal for a club that isn't a Champions League regular.

I don't like their logo, but they can put what they want on the shirt for that kind of cash! Official announcement on Spurs web site.

Comment

I don't like the idea of Spurs having to play in Ukraine tonight, what with all the strife going on over there. I know the majority of the trouble is in Kiev and Spurs are playing 200 miles away, but still. I think Lyon are also playing in Ukraine tonight.

Dynamo Kiev vs Valencia was unsurprisingly moved and will be played in Cyprus. It's a shame they couldn't move the other matches too. The Spurs players flying in and out on a private jet direct to and from Dnipropetrovsk should be okay but most of the travelling Spurs fans will have been going via Kiev. I think I would have personally given it a miss if I'd had plans of attending and travelling via Kiev.

Edit: poor old Soldado, nothing will go right for him, what a miss. Not a brilliant performance from us but Dnipro are a decent team and that pitch didn't help. Very shoddy looking at the back today. Given the chances they had near the end we're pretty lucky we've only got to try and overturn a one goal deficit next week. Hopefully we should have more than enough at WHL to see us through.

We'll need to step up the performances levels this weekend though!
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 20-02-2014, 20:00.

Comment

We could have won that game or lost it three nil. Lousy, boring first half but suddenly in the second, particularly after Eriksen came on, it was great end to end stuff. Weird.

Keeping it, by luck or not, to only one goal down yes you're right we do still have a good chance with the home leg to come.

Comment

Doing something a bit different today. The away tickets sold out to season ticket holders so my brother and I are staying at the Holiday Inn in the corner of the stadium and watching the match from a pitch view room. It's a decent view (complete with ghost bed )

I'd prefer to be in the actual stadium but as a one off experience it should be a bit of fun. Depending on the result

Comment

That's awesome. Another picture with players on later

Comment

Haha! Expensive room?

Comment

?99 for the night. Considering Norwich wanted ?50 per match ticket, it's actually really good value! Or that Norwich are bad value... One or the other

Comment

It's worth it just to experience being at the game naked.

Comment

Working...
                                X