No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very liberating, although I worry I'm breaking rule 3 of the pitch view room regulations:

"No banners, signs or visible representations to be displayed or hung from the windows facing the football pitch."

Comment

At least you can drink whilst watching the game!
      Norwich is awful value for away fans - way too expensive.
      That said as you're pratically guaranteed the win it's not all bad.
      Apparently if City lose Hughton gets sacked. I'm in two minds as how I want this one to pan out!!

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
        It's very liberating, although I worry I'm breaking rule 3 of the pitch view room regulations
        Haha. No pic please :P

Comment

Naked, sobbing man, jumps from Norwich hotel room window.....

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
          At least you can drink whilst watching the game!
          Norwich is awful value for away fans - way too expensive.
          That said as you're pratically guaranteed the win it's not all bad.
          Apparently if City lose Hughton gets sacked. I'm in two minds as how I want this one to pan out!!
          Actually, drinking is against rule 6: No alcohol to be consumed in pitch facing rooms in the hour before kick-off, during the match, and one hour after the match has finished! I very much doubt the go around all the rooms enforcing that though However, I don't drink, so it didn't bother me either way.

Oh, and, sorry, couldn't have an old Spurs boy losing his job. We put in that performance for you Chris!

Seriously though, poor performance (first half especially) and poor finishing when we finally did create a couple of chances. Cannot complain about the result, Norwich deserved the win.

Top four looking tough now, 6 point gap, momentum with Liverpool. Not impossible by any stretch, but today's result puts us right on the back foot. Gotta do really well during our tough March fixture list now.

Here's a quick shot just before kick-off, seeing as it didn't get any better for us after that!

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
            Naked, sobbing man, jumps from Norwich hotel room window.....
            Lol. Great photo.

I saw on Twitter that Soldado being called Loldado. A little amusing.

Comment

Yes, great view/photo.

But really after that performance fourth place is looking more and more unlikely.

Comment

Cheers. Yeah, we're right on the back foot after that result, as far as top four is concerned.

March is our make or break month, probably. Cardiff at home to start with which you'd hope we'd win but then Chelsea away, Arsenal home, Southampton home, Liverpool away. Come through those still in touch with the top four and we're still in with a shout as our final six games aren't too tough (on paper) and thus far Sherwood has done well (Norwich blip aside) at getting us to beat the teams we should expect to be beating.

If we have a bad March however and the gap has increased... it's almost certainly game over.

Comment

A good result against Dnipro this evening would be a great way to get Spurs back on track.

COYS.

Rumours that Paris SG are sniffing around Lloris as a summer transfer target.

Comment

I do fear for a couple of players in the summer if we don't make the top four. Vertonghen has also been a bit coy when it comes to talking about his future if Spurs fail to qualify for the CL.

I hope Soldado can bag a goal or two tonight, he really needs a confidence boost and it would be very useful if he could find some form just in time for the business end of the season. Okay, he continued to struggle after his hat-trick against Anzhi, but I'm gonna be an optimist! Get a couple tonight and go on a run Bobby, you know you have it in you!

It's a shame Defoe is injured and be able to appear in what could have been his final match for Spurs, but, he will be making a special appearance on the pitch at half time to say adi?s to the fans.

Comment

Amazing comeback guys, Adebayor is on fire, must be near contract renewal time

Comment

Spurs love doing it tough and that game was pretty hard on us watching it too . When Dnipro had that freekick in added time and Lloris pulled off a great save my heart was thumping like a drum because I thought Spurs were going to lose it at the last hurdle.

Wasn't a pretty win but you could see the effort the whole side was putting in right from the start even though they didn't look like scoring at all in the first half. Thankfully that all changed in the second. Yay!

Comment

Now that was a a proper, exciting cup tie! I know what you mean about heart thumping; once we'd gone 3-1 up all my brother and I could say to each other was that we needed a fourth, because if they sneaked one... thankfully we saw it out.

The half time farewell from Jermain Defoe was very well done, he got a fantastic reception from the crowd. He chose his favourite three Spurs goals which were then shown on the big screen. They were his 5th against Wigan in the 9-1 win, his goal in our 3-1 win against Man City last season, and his first goal against West Ham at home last season. Big cheer from the crowd when he said it was hard to remember what match the West Ham goal was from, as he'd scored so many against them

Benfica in the next round! That's going to be a very very tough tie but it's a proper big European opponent and I can't wait. If we manage to get past them then we should have the confidence that we can beat anyone left in the competition.

Comment

Any Spurs fans worried about Sherwood's reaction to the match? Asking for 'more character, more spirit' in other games is a bit of a get out as a manager.

There are quite a few managers who are culprits for that. No tactics, just got out there and play, and thats where I think Sherwood has fallen short in the games they haven't won.

Comment

I've said before that I'm not convinced that he'll be good enough long term (results wise he's done well, but I expect him to be replaced in the summer unless he really pulls up some trees) but I don't really take much notice of what any manger says after a match. 99% of the time even the best managers come out with cliche, state the obvious, etc..

Comment

Not a great match or a vintage performance today, but three vital points in the bag ahead of an extremely tough run of fixtures. Great to see Soldado score from open play again, lovely first touch and finish for his goal. Could have done with a second though, nerve jangling moments in injury time when Cardiff had a succession of corners.

Chelsea away next. That should be... Fun

Comment

Working...
                                X