No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet the BBC were sorry they were televising the tediously dull Ipswich v. Southampton match rather than just their radio only coverage of the Burnely v.Spurs one. By the sound of it after the fourth Spurs goal the game quietened down for most of the rest of the second half but that still would have been a better watch.

Anyway a great comeback and good win in the end but another lousy start defensively that could have cost us.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Ha. 'Member when this forum was manc heavy? One bad season and...
      This forum was deserted long before then. Much like the quality of the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        This forum was deserted long before then. Much like the quality of the Premier League.
        Oo-er. The quality of the premier league? How do you mean? Are you not entertained? Are you measuring that with man utd's form?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Oo-er. The quality of the premier league? How do you mean? Are you not entertained? Are you measuring that with man utd's form?
          It's poor. The standard has been dropping for a while yet even our mediocre players can't make any real impact.
          There are more bad teams than ever. Although I think that is the same in Holland, Italy, France and to a lesser extent, Germany.

Comment

Obviously you've not seen the Coutinho, Sterling and Lallana attack and link up play.

Can't agree with you on the prem. I watch a few games a week and I love it. I've not one thought footy standards have dropped. Are you referring to form or just talent full stop? Maybe it's because I don't have the benefit of comparing it with the dizzy heights of the JLeague and Fifa15

Comment

Talent full stop. Sterling is OK and has room to improve for sure. I do like Lallana and Coutinho but let's face it, your lot aren't exactly very good.

The less said about general defending the better.

I'm comparing it to what I have seen before. Football standard is much lower. There are less classy players, even the so called best in Spain and Germany aren't that good. Christ Arsenal have 3 world cup winners and I have never rated any of them.
              Last edited by nakamura; 15-01-2015, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Yeah, there used to be a lot more activity all over the football forums. There was an Arsenal thread with a few posting, a Chelsea thread with a few posters (abigsmurf with his "everyone is against Chelsea!!" posts ), the Man Utd thread had a load of posters, the Liverpool one used to a have more, and we used to have four of five regularly posting on the Spurs thread which is now down to two.

It's a shame.

Comment

It is a shame. Used to love this place for football. Great banter and informed opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                    I bet the BBC were sorry they were televising the tediously dull Ipswich v. Southampton match rather than just their radio only coverage of the Burnely v.Spurs one. By the sound of it after the fourth Spurs goal the game quietened down for most of the rest of the second half but that still would have been a better watch.

Anyway a great comeback and good win in the end but another lousy start defensively that could have cost us.
                    Yes it was a very good cup tie. Poor attendance though, only 24K, but it shouldn't be a surprise given the devaluation of the cups in the Premier League era.

To be fair it's an expensive month for Spurs fans, I shudder to think what I'll have spent on tickets by the end of January. At least the club are trying to boost the attendance for the Leicester match, tickets are a fiver cheaper than last night if you buy before the game goes to general sale.

The first goal we conceded was poor defending but the second had a lot of fortune to it, a free kick with a very big deflection off of the wall.

Really good game from Townsend last night. Thought he was poor against Palace (then again, so were most of the players) but last night he really played to his strengths, ran at and attempted to beat their full back virtually every time he got the ball and (aside from one very over-hit cross I can recall) usually put in a dangerous cross.

It did quieten down after our fourth went in but with so many games coming up I didn't expect us to be going gung-ho and wearing ourselves out needlessly. Very professional performance to see out the match. Aside from the opening we were on top for most of the match, after their two goals in the first 8 minutes Burnley only had two more shots in the remaining 82.

Soldado's miss last night... wow. He looked really shattered straight afterwards and I felt so sorry for him! He must feel like he's cursed in front of goal. Credit to him that he kept going and didn't hide, and while he couldn't make up for the miss with a goal, he did provided a superb cross to set up Danny Rose for the fourth goal that killed the game (plus a vital flick to help set up our first).

Edit: a short highlights video is up on the BBC website, if you fancy a butchers.
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 15-01-2015, 09:59.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Comment

Once again a big doff of the cap to Eriksen for another last minute winner and Lloris for a fantastic late save to keep the win intact.

We did deserve the win but Sunderland had some good moments especially right at the end when they could have gone 2-1 up with a great chance just before Eriksen scored, and an even better chance at the death that drew the aforementioned save from Lloris. Overall though we created a lot more chances.

Should have been 3-1 too:

Note to linesman: I think Vertonghen might just be in his own half there. Either the worst eyesight ever or he doesn't know the rules.

Comment

One of the most laughable things I've ever seen. Schoolboy-level officiating.

Comment

It's the worst decision since Pedro mendes 'goal' against United.

Comment

We woz robbed.

Welcome, decent win and as EJG1980 said Lloris was in fantastic form when it mattered. Takes me back to the days of Pat Jennings and Ray Clemence when only their incredible reactions and goalkeeping experience kept Spurs holding onto points they would have otherwise lost.

Comment

That offside decision is criminal, I didn't see any of the game but the ref was right there too.

Got to love Adebayor's honesty, he could have stopped after the word money really though.

Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 30, has no intention of leaving Tottenham this season but says he is at the club to make money and score goals, not endear himself to fans. (Daily Mail)

Comment

Working...
                                X