No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumour has it that the Real Madrid Bale deal is all but done and we're going to get ?93m plus a player I've never heard of but the whole thing is not far short of ?100m in total value. Madness.

Thanks for the ITV4 match reminder ^^.

Comment

I read the ?93 million includes the player so the cash value would be something like ?82 million. I guess it depends on which source you read the rumour from, they're always slightly different!

Obviously, if he goes, I hope the version you saw is correct. However, as with players coming in, I won't believe he's gone until I see something official, he's been "days away from leaving!" several times already this transfer window. You're right though, the mooted fee is madness. GB is a sensational player but a higher fee that Ronaldo plus a player in exchange? We'd be absolutely ******* fleecing Madrid.

Oh, the exchange player in question is Fabio Coentrao, Portuguese left back. Didn't quite live up to expectations at Madrid but he's a very good player and a definite bump in quality for our left hand side. IF this deal happens. Even now I still have a feeling Bale could be at Spurs post transfer window.

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
      Willian was one of the best players of the last CL group phase. A shame he transferred to Anzhi during the winter. Luckily Anzhi is kaput, and most of those players join actual football clubs in actual leagues.
      Yup, I think I remember him scoring twice against Chelsea, that's good enough for me Seems like this one is on the verge of being wrapped up, Sky Sports had video of him in a London hotel last night and quoted him as saying he'd passed his medical.
      Last edited by EJG1980; 22-08-2013, 08:49.

Comment

Levy has had the Bale deal sorted for ages. It's allowed Spuz to spend a wad without getting hyper-fleeced. Very clever of the bald spiv; he's spent the money in advance so that the vultures don't hike prices like Glasgow Hotels when the 93 million lands in their pocket.

Comment

Andros Townsend looking a bit spicy in this game. Capoue looks handy too.

Comment

Lovely stuff, very enjoyable. Obviously not the toughest of opposition but it's always nice to see such a performance whoever it's against. Might see a few more youngsters from the start in the second leg after that result (would like to see Carroll from the start next week).

Comment

Its ridiculous that Bale is going to be more expensive than Ronaldo. I mean Ronaldo was an established player at Manchester United, a CL winner and already being voted the best player in the world. And if you look at the track record of Brittish players abroad, its quite a gamble too.

But Arrigo Sacchi said that Real Madrid have a desire for English football players for marketing reasons. I don't really know what he means though. Neymar and Ronaldo should be more marketable, worldwide?

Comment

It was good stuff.

Spurs took their foot off the gas during the last 15 mins which let the opposition back into the game more than was comfortable but otherwise a damned fine result and performance. I think I said said Andros Townsend and Danny Rose looked on promising form a few weeks ago. Prove right today, big time.

Aaron Lennon must be a bit worried because AT was doing today what he used to do on that right wing and better than he has done recently.

Comment

Sky Sports News are reporting that, apparently, Chelsea might be doing a last minute hijacking of the Willian deal. Will be gutting if we don't get him but that risk is always there when you're not the biggest dog in the yard. Don't know why Chelsea would want him, they're not exactly short on attacking midfielders! Hopefully just a rumour, but if not, I'm sure we'll be able to find someone else to spend our money on.

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                  I think I said said Andros Townsend and Danny Rose looked on promising form a few weeks ago. Prove right today, big time.

Aaron Lennon must be a bit worried because AT was doing today what he used to do on that right wing and better than he has done recently.
                  Indeed, excellent from both, especially Andros. I was saying exactly the same thing to my Dad, the way Townsend got forward virtually every time he got the ball is what you want to see Lennon doing.

Comment

Lots of places now reporting that Willian is in talks with Chelsea, so that's that then, it'd be a real shock if he turned down them for us. A real shame as I thought Willian would have been excellent for us but **** happens and some transfers are always going to get away. On the plus side, at least it means that odious snake Kia Jorabchian won't be anywhere near our club now.

I think missing out on Willian should mean we'll try and wrap up the (reported) deal for Eric Lamela asap now. I'm sure we must have some alternatives for Willian too, as it was only a week ago that the **** hit the fan at Anzhi and he became available.

Comment

What the hell does Chelsea want with him? But to be honest, if hes property of Joorabchian then its better to let him slide. As soon as Willian starts to perform well he'll likely try to force a transfer anyway. People like Kia should be banned from football.

Comment

I've a feeling this willian thing harks back to the modric transfer saga...

Spoiled russian oil billionaires and all that.

Comment

The joy of being rich enough to spend 30 million quid on a player you don't really need out of spite

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                            The joy of being rich enough to spend 30 million quid on a player you don't really need out of spite
                            Exactly...remember this is roman abramovic we are talking about here.

Comment

If he's that fickle who he plays for you're better off without him. Abromovic and Willian, a non-loyalty match made in heaven.

Shame though, think he would have done well for you.

Comment

To be honest 90% of players these days would do exactly the same thing if a club with more pulling power came in for them at the last moment. It's annoying because we were so close to getting him to sign but I'm not really too miffed with him or Chelsea,

I mean, if it was the exact same situation but it was Spurs hijacking a player from West Ham at the last moment, would I be horrified and think the player was a cad? Not really. It's just the reality of the football food chain, unfortunately!

Comment

Working...
                                X