No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course they need to communicate. It was the fact that the first pen which was offside And highlighted by linesman ended up being a pen. Then the second, Mr Moss immediately rules it out and then has a listen to linesman which for a second time he may have gone with his view due to the pressure to do so. Lamella was offside. Sarah's goal was awesome.

Comment

Both penalties. Admittedly, rather soft (the second especially), but both were penalties - Lovren played the ball, meaning Kane wasn't offside, and VD fouled Lamela.

What a game. We seemed determined to play ourselves into trouble in the first half, and Liverpool's press was outstanding - pressing at the right time and on the right players. However, in the second half we moved the ball much better and Liverpool couldn't keep that press going. A point was definitely well deserved.

On the subject of diving - I can't think of much of note that Dele has done this season apart from diving. He really is awful and it's about time someone gets hold of him and tells him to stamp it out. He was through on goal in that incident today and if he'd had Kane's determination for goal, not only would he have stayed on his feet but he may well have got the equaliser. He has a completely deserved reputation for doing it, and it's the kind of reputation that costs him the kind of stonewall penalty he didn't get on Wednesday against Man Utd. Just concentrate on filling your potential Dele, as you're miles away from it this season.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Of course they need to communicate. It was the fact that the first pen which was offside And highlighted by linesman ended up being a pen. Then the second, Mr Moss immediately rules it out and then has a listen to linesman which for a second time he may have gone with his view due to the pressure to do so. Lamella was offside. Sarah's goal was awesome.
        Maybe Lamela's little toe could have been offside and, quite probably, Salah was offside in the build up to his stunning second goal.

Comment

More like a leg offside. Still, good game. Salah was never offside coz I love him.

Comment

More like a leg offside. Still, good game. Salah was never offside coz I love him.
            - He's a bit special, is Mo. The one type of player Spurs don't have, good though we are.

Comment

He'll be in Spain next season

Comment

I feel your pain; I think all football pundits and commentators have a clause in their contracts that obliges them to mention Kane moving to Real Madrid every other sentence.

Surely Salah wouldn't leave after only one year though? It'd be a shame to see a player of his quality leave, at the moment I can't look past him for player of the season. Just the goals alone would be enough (to be one behind Kane, without playing as a striker, is fantastic) but on top of that he's one of the most exciting and skillful players in the league too.

Comment

Just watched it on MotD.

Exciting stuff. Fair result in the circumstances even though Spurs bossed the second half and, IMHO, deserved a win.

Agree with EJG1980's earlier post on both penalties.

HK penalty: debatable, down to interpretation of the law. If he was considered active when the ball was first played then it could (should?) have been given offside. But the ball was clearly kicked by the defender, not just deflected, before it reached HK so............debatable.

He missed the penalty anyway so Liverpool shouldn't complain.

Lamela: he made a meal of it which could have ended up with him being booked for simulation and the penalty not given. But it was a penalty, VvD kicked him and it looked like hit him with his knee in the back too.
                  Last edited by fallenangle; 04-02-2018, 22:24.

Comment

Nice vid from the club with an update on how the sliding pitch installation is going at the new stadium. Lovely view of how big the south stand is on about 1:30 as it looms behind the two people talking.

Comment

And a really great article by Harry Kane in The Players' Tribune; he talks about his time as a youth player when he was a kid, the time he spent out on loan while at Spurs, doubting if he could become a successful footballer, what made him determined to succeed, and so on. A little bit of insight about Poch too. It's a really good read.

Zero to 100 by Harry Kane

Gotta love the line at the end: "Now, I close my eyes and I picture myself lifting the Premier League trophy at our new stadium with my mates. I’d trade the next 100 goals for that feeling."

Comment

In other news Dele Alli's erect member is all over the net today *facepalm

Comment

In other news Dele Alli's erect member is all over the net today *facepalm
                          Kind of ironic that this was the first post I read, having come here to post news that Poch was asked yesterday whether he was worried that Kane would miss the second penalty - his response was basically, no, because if you have the mentality to score 100 Premier League goals, you must have 'big, big, balls...'

I love Poch

Comment

Yup, love him to bits, both on the football side and as a person. Hope he stays and Spurs for years and years to come.

Great result for us at Vicarage Road tonight Chelsea having a bit of a mare right now, 3-0 loss to Bournemouth and now 4-1 to Watford! Conte certainly seems a bit unhappy there, maybe it's starting to affect the players.

Comment

That Harry Kane article/interview is also wonderful, thanks for posting that. It's the kind of thing you read as a Spurs fan and think, 'Kane can't go in the summer, surely?'

The only thing if Chelsea keep losing will be that Conte leaving will be brought forward from the summer - and they might get someone in who galvanises that lot of moody pre-madonnas.

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                                If we beat Newport, it's Millwall or Rochdale away in the next round of the cup. I'm hoping for Rochdale seeing as we played Millwall last season.
                                Rochdale it is. I had a look on the 11v11.com (great web site) and it looks like this would be our first ever match against them.

Just gotta do the business against Newport tomorrow night. I expect there will be a lot of rotation as the same eleven played against Man Utd and Liverpool, but it should still be a very strong side. Could see a few players who have returned from injury getting a run-out, it'd be good to get some fitness into the legs of Alderweireld, Rose, Winks, etc.. Gonna need the whole squad for the business end of the season! It's a shame Lucas Moura is ineligible though for this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X