No announcement yet.

Tottenham Hotspur FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very happy with all the signings, Hopefully i wont have to see ade ever again.

Also made me smile that Levy is dragging his feet so it will be too late for arsenal to sign any madrid players. Gotta love him

Comment

You know what we haven't done enough of today? Signings. Let's have another one:

Christian Eriksen signs for Spurs.

What a bloody day You can never guarantee who will be a success or not, who will take time to settle or hit the ground running, etc., but I don't think we could have done any better this transfer window on improving the squad ahead of Bale leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
        You know what we haven't done enough of today? Signings. Let's have another one:

Christian Eriksen signs for Spurs.

What a bloody day You can never guarantee who will be a success or not, who will take time to settle or hit the ground running, etc., but I don't think we could have done any better this transfer window on improving the squad ahead of Bale leaving.
        What an exciting time to be a Spurs fan.
        I'm in total agreement with you - I never thought you would recruit so well but hats off to everyone at the club.
        You've made some excellent signings and then some!!
        It's all been so shrewd too. Amazing scenes.
        I wish you every success this season (apart from when you play Norwich!) I think you'll be hellish to watch.

Comment

Eriksen is still the talented player that has yet to show his potential. His last season was with both ups and downs still, while I did expect more progression from him by then. Can't say I'm his biggest fan but he's a classic playmaker though, a true number 10.

Martin Jol was the one who brought Eriksen to the first team and labeled him as one of the most talented players he had seen.

Comment

Spurs for the league

Comment

Expectation is rightly now pretty high, over ?100M spent, going to be very tough fight for the final CL spots this season - that's assuming both Manchester clubs perform, Chelsea are a given in m opinion.

Comment

Although in reality, Spurs have only spent ?15m. Still more high quality despite the loss of.Bale.

Comment

There are two kinds of spurs my friend, those that think they will finish in the top spots and those that finish out of the top spots.

Comment

The current mood around both clubs is setting the stage for an epic derby on Sunday. With all the excitement around Spurs at the moment it would be "typical Spurs" for Arsenal to get one over on us and bring us back down to earth, but a win for Spurs and we'll be going into the international break in dreamland. I'm excited and bricking it in equal measure!

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
                    I wish you every success this season (apart from when you play Norwich!) I think you'll be hellish to watch.
                    Cheers. We always seem to have a tough time against Norwich, only one win if five league and cup matches since you came back up!

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                    Eriksen is still the talented player that has yet to show his potential. His last season was with both ups and downs still, while I did expect more progression from him by then. Can't say I'm his biggest fan but he's a classic playmaker though, a true number 10.
                    I've seen quite a few people mention that he hasn't yet lived up to the expectations placed on him. He's still really young though and hopefully the move to Spurs and working with AVB will push him up to the next level. A creative number 10 is exactly what we needed too, someone who can spot a pass and play the ball through to Soldado for loads of tap-ins. I'm hopeful that he can end up being a bargain at ?11 million.
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 31-08-2013, 09:25.

Comment

Watched the Chelsea vs Bayern Munich UEFA Supercup yesterday. Never liked Chelsea but they played a great defending/counter attacking game last night but were robbed with less than 10 seconds to go and down to 10 men thanks to a poor refereeing decision. Harsh.

But that Lukaku missed penalty was an absolute shocker. Worst attempt at a penalty I've seen in ages, from the moment he started that casual run up, to the lousy aim and lack of pace on the ball it had fail written all over it.

Comment

That Ramires tackle was a definite yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          That Ramires tackle was a definite yellow.
                          This. Seen plenty of challenges like that given a straight red, let alone yellow. I did think they were unlucky to lose though, I dislike the club but they have an astonishing determination to win.

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                          But that Lukaku missed penalty was an absolute shocker. Worst attempt at a penalty I've seen in ages, from the moment he started that casual run up, to the lousy aim and lack of pace on the ball it had fail written all over it.
                          It was Adebayor vs FC Basel bad!

Comment

Can't believe the trio of signings for Spuz. The last dude in particular could be an amazing coup.

Fair play to Levy. He may be a spiv, but he can sell a penny for a million. He squeezes out big fees for players he sells, yet seems to pay peanuts for class.

Now if you could see your way clear to sell us Danny Rose... We've tried to sign every other left back on the planet, and failed.

Comment

It was Adebayor vs FC Basel bad!
                              I was going to say something like that myself, in both cases their whole body language was eerily similar. At least Lukaku had the good grace to hold his face in shame unlike Adebayor who, IIRC, turned back to his colleagues with little more more than a mildly embarrassed smile.

Comment

The current mood around both clubs is setting the stage for an epic derby on Sunday. With all the excitement around Spurs at the moment it would be "typical Spurs" for Arsenal to get one over on us and bring us back down to earth, but a win for Spurs and we'll be going into the international break in dreamland. I'm excited and bricking it in equal measure!
                                Should have known it'd be the former rather than the latter!

Still, at least we didn't let in five goals for a change Shame it's an international break now, would have liked a match to bounce straight back with. Ah well, looooong way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X