No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcastle aren't banging in goals for fun at the moment though so fingers crossed we can stop a lot of attacks in the midfield.
    Really never been a fan of K Toure, makes me so nervous everytime he's on the ball.

Question for the day, now the CL is pretty much out of reach would you prefer us to be in the Europa League next season or miss out on Europe totally? only downside to missing out is the TV revenue and how it may affect new transfers in the summer. Just feel we could do without the added games and early start to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
      Question for the day, now the CL is pretty much out of reach would you prefer us to be in the Europa League next season or miss out on Europe totally? only downside to missing out is the TV revenue and how it may affect new transfers in the summer. Just feel we could do without the added games and early start to the season.
      Like I've said in previous posts, the team's European competition form under Brendan has been embarrassing and it needs to improve. The only way it will improve is by playing more games in Europe, whether that's in the Europa League or the Champions League. There's no point getting into the Champions League (or the Europa League, for that matter) if we're then going to complain about the extra games that those competitions bring to our fixture list. I mean, isn't that why we built a bigger squad with the Suarez money, so we could handle the extra games this season?

Also, the Europa League is now a legitimate route to Champions League qualification for the winners so surely it has to be taken seriously? On top of that, I'm sure I don't need to remind people that Liverpool's record in European club competition is a huge part of the club's history?

Atletico Madrid are definitely not a bigger club than Liverpool but they've won the Europa League twice in the last five years. You're not telling me that this hasn't helped them improve as a team, as evidenced by their run to the Champions League Final and their winning of La Liga last season?

Quite frankly, I can't believe that this is a discussion (and that's not a dig at you VR46 - I've heard many other Liverpool fans ask the same thing). If people are really trying to say that Brendan needs a week inbetween matches to get the team performing then, in all honesty, he shouldn't be manager (and I say that as somebody who doesn't want him sacked at the end of this season).
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-04-2015, 10:12.

Comment

Hillsborough. 26 years ago today.

Comment

One point from back to back games against two bottom six teams. Could things really be any worse?

We should be two points behind Man Utd in fourth, but instead we'll probably be playing Europa League Qualifying games in July.

Comment

Get rid of rodgers, time to move on. He did a good job and steadied the ship after Hodgson put liverpool back years, but it's time to aim higher.

Comment

I agree. He needs to go. As do about half the squad.

Comment

Interesting article that lists all the players (?770M worth) we've bought in since our last title. Few blasts from the past I had forgotten about, and some real scary figures in the last couple of seasons when you see the prices in black and white

WHEN John Barnes dispatched a penalty beyond QPR’s David Seaman to help seal Liverpool’s 18th league title, the air was thick not only with celebration but complacency, too.

Comment

18 million for Downing. Haha.

Comment

Yep, think we wrote off ?50M on Downing, Carroll and one other all within a couple of weeks of each other last year. Bosh.

Comment

Let me put it this way. I want my mummy waaaaah!

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                        Interesting article that lists all the players (?770M worth) we've bought in since our last title. Few blasts from the past I had forgotten about, and some real scary figures in the last couple of seasons when you see the prices in black and white

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...-title-failure
                        So much money wasted since 1990 and so much off-the-field mismanagement.

Shocking isn't even the word.

Comment

Gerrard's career in Pannini stickers

More than 700 Liverpool appearances in 17 years, but just one hairstyle, the story of Steven Gerrard's career in football stickers.

Comment

What an excellent player. Showed great loyalty too, he could have and perhaps should have won a lot more, but I'm sure he's legend to Liverpool fans and rightly so.

Comment

Bye bye Gerrard. :/

Fear for Liverpool now if I'm honest.

Comment

Why? Gerrard hasn't been at the very top for a while now. Amazing career mind but all good things come to an end.

I'd worry about everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X