No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, Arsenal fans never had Hicks & Gillette dragging their club to near-administration and setting them back 5-10 years in the process. Nor have they had well-intentioned but clueless replacements like FSG who know nothing about football.

Comment

Its been tough Nu to say the least. Even this season, had The Suarez gone and a poor start, injuries.....
      Its a shame because, champions league and finishing above glory fan fc were a distinct possibility....not to be..

Stick by Rodgers? did you say bring Rafa back?....

Comment

Rafa should never have been sacked in the first fecking place.

That decision alone has helped set us back 5 years at least. It is astonishing that, even now, there are STILL some Liverpool fans who can't see this.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-05-2015, 17:18.

Comment

well we were told to believe we had no money, stadium blah, blah.

If we sign some decent players in the summer to push on I'll be happy.

I just think Liverpool should be careful what they wish for. I'm not sure you'd attract a Klopp and backwards is not a good idea. Rodgers almost won the league last year, I'd say give him one last chance, if you don't and are unable to secure a Klopp I just think it could get a lot worse.

I wouldn't worry about Sterling. He's being ill-advised and is sending his career backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
            Rodgers almost won the league last year
            Something that looks increasingly like it was pretty much solely down to the sheer will and stubbornness of a certain Uruguayan now playing in Catalonia.

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
            I'd say give him one last chance
            And if performances/results continue like they have been for the last few months into the new season?
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-05-2015, 17:29.

Comment

If Rogers gets the chop tomorrow, Big Sam might come a knocking at Anfield... Shudder / Perish the thought!

Comment

We are 3 years in with Brendan Rodgers. Not 3 weeks or months.

Somebody please tell me what the vision is for the team on the pitch, because I'll be fecked if I know what it is. Players being played out of position regularly, no attacking threat, STILL no ability to defend, formations constantly being changed game to game, even multiple times during games...

Comment

I completely understand mate, but I'd suggest most clubs would struggle after losing someone as sublime as Suarez. The mistake was not buying another ready made world-class player (after losing out on Alexis Sanchez) even then I'm not sure who would've been available...

I mean, are you certain there's plenty of funds available??

Comment

Looks like Big Dick won't be staying with us. Would he be any good? Bit old, like.

Comment

Oh, I don't exclude FSG from the blame for this shower of ****. It clearly hasn't sunk in for them that you can't moneyball football like US sports. That said, Liverpool are being investigated for FFP so it's hard to see what they can do. Either that, or they're deliberately trying to do things on the cheap to prep for selling the club on at a profit.

But Brendan Rodgers has said more than often enough that he has final word on all transfers. Why lie/stay in the job if that's not true? The buck stops with him. Liverpool have been embarrassing in the league and in Europe this season.

Comment

on that note I wonder if someone like Ancelotti would be interested in the Anfield gig? Assuming there is some decent funds sloshing about

Comment

Ian Ayre and the "Transfer Committee" can, and should, feck off as well.

Comment

Just seen todays score, Christ, a real new low. I can't see Rodgers being shown the door just yet sadly. He really has had enough time/chances now. Ancelotti has said he's taking a year off if he does get the sack and big Sam, no way. Would love Rafa back but sure he will be at Real Madrid next year.
                            Missing out on Sanchez and getting Balotelli over Welbeck etc just knew those things would come back to haunt us.
                            Sixth, does that mean we're now in the Europa League qualifiers? which start on July 2nd!

Comment

Welbeck was never really an option though. Those Charlie Uniform November Tango Sierra wouldn't sell us Gabriel Heinze years back so why would they sell Welbeck to us? And why would he have signed for us?

Comment

Could not believe my eyes at half time. My daughter asked what was wrong when I saw the score, as all I said was "Jesus Christ!".

Rodgers said when started, to judge him after 3 years. It's 3 years now. Don't have to say anything else with regards to that.

I think he has lost the dressing room. If that is the case, there is invariably only one outcome, and that's the sack.

Whether FSG want to persist with him is the big question. I really hope they move him on.

Rafa will more than likely go to Real. The only targets that I know of that FSG expressed interest in, prior to Rodgers,was Klopp and De Boer.

I just hope that our owners come out this week, stating that Rodgers is staying or getting rid. We can't afford to mince about, as there are a ton of issues that need sorting, on and off the pitch.

I believe that if the Arse win the cup we go into the group stages, otherwise it's some 2 leg affair in some wet and windy East European cow field.

Comment

Working...
                                X