Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch, I thought I was a pessimist...

You guys we're unlucky with the signings. I was initially really angry when we didn't get Falcao or Balotelli, but we really dodged a bullet. Who would you guys sign if you we're in charge then...?

For Arsenal I'd sign:

- Cech
    - Schneiderlin/Vidal
    - Higuain/Benzema/Lacazette

But their the positions we need to fill if Arsene can find his cheque book...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post

You guys we're unlucky with the signings.
      Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli and Lambert for the best part of ?65m? Markovic and Emre Can for ?30m to be played out of position time and again? Money wasted on dross like Aspas, Luis Alberto, Borini, Allen...Adam and Downing before that?

Talk of Christian fecking Benteke for ?30m!?

Luck doesn't come into it. That is just massive incompetence from all involved at the club.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-05-2015, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli and Lambert for the best part of ?65m? Markovic and Emre Can for ?30m to be played out of position time and again? Money wasted on dross like Aspas, Luis Alberto, Borini, Allen...Adam and Downing before that?

Luck doesn't come into it. That is just massive incompetence from all involved at the club.
        Ouch yeah didn't think of those. Fair point, lost for words...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
          I believe that if the Arse win the cup we go into the group stages, otherwise it's some 2 leg affair in some wet and windy East European cow field.
          We start in the third qualifying round, so guess that's not until the start of August.

Time to dig up the link that lists the ?800M we have spent on players since last winning the title 25 years ago...

It's 25 years to the day since Liverpool claimed the last of their 18 titles and Liverpool legend John Aldridge insists that the club's transfer market failings are the main reason for the baron spell. 

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
            We start in the third qualifying round, so guess that's not until the start of August.

Time to dig up the link that lists the ?800M we have spent on players since last winning the title 25 years ago...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ren-spell.html
            Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg is on July 30th.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-05-2015, 21:53.

Comment

Nu, did you tweet 5 live today?

Comment

Nope. Why do you ask?

Comment

Someone called Harrison, a Liverpool fan, was read out on 606 saying roughly what you have been in one tweet!
                  Just made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Someone called Harrison, a Liverpool fan, was read out on 606 saying roughly what you have been in one tweet!
                    Just made me chuckle.
                    I'm sure it did.

I've not tweeted 606 at all. If anything, my Twitter feed is full of retweets from other Liverpool fans. I've barely tweeted anything of my own today if I'm honest.

That said, my feed isn't locked so I suppose it's fair game if 606 producers are that desperate. Either that or somebody else with the same name actually did tweet into 606.

Comment

I'm sure it was coincidence but the timing was pretty amazing.

Comment

Europa qualifying scenarios..,

Tottenham Hotspur FC have sealed a return to the UEFA Europa League group stage by finishing fifth. The other two places will be determined by Saturday’s FA Cup final. If Arsenal FC win then Liverpool FC take a group stage berth and Southampton FC, who ended seventh, enter the third qualifying round; if Aston Villa FC win then they take the group stage spot and Liverpool enter in the third qualifying round.

Comment

This is a link to the Boston Herald, which is a competitor to the Boston Globe (which JH owns).

Think they (Herald) are being salty as f**k, lol.

Last paragraph in the article is not good reading for one of our incoming signings.

I read this on TIA, so all credit to them.

Comment

Genuinely frightened for next season.

Comment

I'm not yet, but the next eight weeks will be crucial to see what direction things move in transfer wise etc.

PL starts 8th August this year too, is getting earlier and earlier.

Comment

If Milner, Ings and Benteke are perceived to be answers, then what the hell is the question!?

Comment

Working...
                                X