No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milner has got experience, and is a good, reliable midfielder. And English.
    Ings still has time to blossom, and is similar in style to how we want to play. Plus he may well cheap, depending on the tribunal. And English. Probably make a profit if we sold him on.
    Benteke is flavour of the month, and young, with potential upside resale value, if he kicks on.
    Can see the first two coming in, not sure if Benteke will tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      Milner has got experience, and is a good, reliable midfielder. And English.
      Ings still has time to blossom, and is similar in style to how we want to play. Plus he may well cheap, depending on the tribunal. And English. Probably make a profit if we sold him on.
      Benteke is flavour of the month, and young, with potential upside resale value, if he kicks on.
      Can see the first two coming in, not sure if Benteke will tho'.
      Milner may have experience but he is average. If he was better then City would surely be keeping him, especially as they desperately need to improve their homegrown player quota in their squad.

Ings is two years younger than Borini but his goalscoring record really isn't that much better. I don't see that he's likely to suddenly become a top-class centre forward.

Benteke has a decent goalscoring return but is also worryingly injury-prone. Also, does he really fit the playing style that Rodgers is trying to aim for? Other target men-types haven't worked for us.

I feel like Liverpool's scouting and player recruitment needs to improve big time.

Comment

I think it's a case of Milner wants to leave rather than City don't want him. He'll be good for Liverpool at right price I think.
        Last edited by nakamura; 29-05-2015, 12:11.

Comment

Seems we've had a ?10M bid for Clyne knocked back today

Liverpool have a £10m bid for England right-back Nathaniel Clyne, 24, rejected by Southampton.

That article linked to how much we had spent on Southampton players last summer and this little box of info from July 27th 2014, ouch. ?79M, bargain.

Liverpool's summer signings so far
          Striker Rickie Lambert, 32, was signed for ?4m from Southampton
          Midfielder Adam Lallana, 25, was signed for ?25m from Southampton
          Midfielder Emre Can, 20, was signed for ?10m from Bayer Leverkusen
          Winger Lazar Markovic, 20, was signed for ?20m from Benfica
          Defender Dejan Lovren, 25, was signed for ?20m from Southampton

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            I think it's a case of Milner wants to leave rather than City don't want him. He'll be good for Liverpool at right price I think.
            Regardless, he is mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              Seems we've had a ?10M bid for Clyne knocked back today

Liverpool have a £10m bid for England right-back Nathaniel Clyne, 24, rejected by Southampton.

That article linked to how much we had spent on Southampton players last summer and this little box of info from July 27th 2014, ouch. ?79M, bargain.
              Great. More Southampton players.

Jesus wept.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Regardless, he is mediocre.
                I dunno, I like him myself. I think he would offer experience with solid quality I feel your squad would benefit from.

Comment

Nu-Eclipse I am really enjoying your passionate posts in this thread lately... Much better than reading the newspaper chatter; that stuff just frustrates me to no end, with all their made up outlandish reports...

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    I dunno, I like him myself. I think he would havefer experience with solid quality I feel your squad would benefit from.
                    Liverpool are in desperate need of decisive true quality that wins matches, especially in midfield.

Milner doesn't bring that. He is average.

Comment

Milner > Lallana

You heard it here, probably last.

Comment

Clyne is a decent RB, would be a great addition I'd say. I'd agree about Milner/Lallana too - but I think Lallana has a good few years on Milner so...

Comment

Sigh.

He's been given the go ahead for next season.

If we go on a bad run of games, I can see the fanbase quickly turning on him vocally at the home fixtures.

I hope they bring in a couple of big name signings, but I'm not hopeful.

In fact, I'm not looking forward to next season at all. I can see the whole thing unraveling by Christmas.

This thread will be grim reading over the coming months.

Buckle up for a bumpy ride!

Comment

I think Brendan is alright, but needs to sign better players. Milner would be a good signing for either of us (Arsenal or Liverpool).

Comment

Super Grover, I think you're spot on, unless we have a good start to the season (for a change), fans will want blood, we just need to score more goals. Read yesterday that the Everton back four scored more goals than our four so called strikers last season. Need a couple of players to step up and bang in 20+ goals a piece.

Milner will bring some stability etc which is needed so will be a good signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                                Sigh.

He's been given the go ahead for next season.

If we go on a bad run of games, I can see the fanbase quickly turning on him vocally at the home fixtures.

I hope they bring in a couple of big name signings, but I'm not hopeful.

In fact, I'm not looking forward to next season at all. I can see the whole thing unraveling by Christmas.

This thread will be grim reading over the coming months.

Buckle up for a bumpy ride!
                                My thoughts precisely.

Haven't felt this pessimistic about a new season since the days of Woy.

Comment

Working...
                                X