No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Coral odds to win the PL in 2015/16, crap formatting ahoy. Nice odds 20/1 but wouldn't even put a quid on them.

Chelsea 6/4
    Manchester City 5/2

Manchester United 5/1
    Arsenal 5/1

Liverpool 20/1
    Tottenham 100/1

Everton 250/1
    Southampton 250/1

West Ham 1000/1
    Newcastle United 1000/1

Stoke City 1500/1
    Swansea City 1500/1

Aston Villa 1500/1
    Crystal Palace 2000/1

West Brom 2000/1
    Sunderland 2000/1

Leicester City 2000/1
    Norwich City 2500/1

Bournemouth 2500/1
    Watford 3000/1
    Last edited by VR46; 12-06-2015, 07:55.

Comment

Bogdan.

Comment

Bogdan, not a bad keeper from a few seasons ago, will be useful as back up/competition for first place. Worrying that Bolton didn't re-sign him though and must admit had forgotten all about him over the last couple of years.

Just reading about us also trying to sign Falcao thankfully most of these rumours are bull.

Comment

Don't understand the negativity over Bogdan.

Can anyone give me a keeper, who is prepared to play 2nd, that is available and willing to come to us. And is on a free?

Quick easy question. Spend money on a 2nd keeper, or use it (money) to boost the spending power on other areas of the pitch?

No brainer really.

Some Liverpool fans just like to bitch at the moment.

Comment

He's a solid keeper in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post

Some Liverpool fans just like to bitch at the moment.
              Can't really be blamed when FSG aren't appearing to show much ambition in the transfer market.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                May 2014, best chance we had of winning the PL in decades.
                Did I miss something or did 2008/2009 under Rafa (only losing TWICE in the league) not happen?

Comment

Yes fair point. We still had more chance of winning the actual title in 2013/14 though.

Comment

Yes fair point. We still had more chance of winning the actual title in 2013/14 though.
                    I don't agree. We scored more points in 08/09 (86) than we did 13/14 (84). We also scored more goals in the league in 08/09 than anybody else, although obviously we were far more prolific in 13/14.

If anything, both chances were just as massive as each other.

Comment

West Brom 2000/1
                      Not that I will be wasting any money betting on it, but that is reasonably generous. In the late 90's, when WBA were in what is now The Championship, I asked about the odds for them to get promoted, qualify for the Champions' League the following season (which at the time meant finishing in the top two), and winning the Champions' League the season after that.

They phoned head office, describing me as an "optimistic punter" and came back and quoted me 1000-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        I don't agree. We scored more points in 08/09 (86) than we did 13/14 (84). We also scored more goals in the league in 08/09 than anybody else, although obviously we were far more prolific in 13/14.

If anything, both chances were just as massive as each other.
                        Think I'm right in saying though that with three games to go, the chance to win the title in 08/09 wasn't solely in our hands, we would have had to rely on Man U slipping up, unlike 13/14. No pun intended.

Comment

Statto.com is a great site to go to when you want to find out stuff like that. Load up any season you want, look at the table from any point during that season, click on a club to get all their stats from that season, etc., etc..

Comment

Is Sterling having a laugh with his latest behaviour with that laughing gas stuff.

Seems to be he's still living his teenage rebellious years and not growing up.

Comment

Think I'm right in saying though that with three games to go, the chance to win the title in 08/09 wasn't solely in our hands, we would have had to rely on Man U slipping up, unlike 13/14. No pun intended.
                              The title was technically pretty much out of our hands after losing to Chelsea at Anfield in 13/14 - our third to last game of that season, and it totally turned to sh1t away at Crystal Palace in the game after that. We were totally relying on other teams by then too unless we could run up cricket scores to beat goal difference, and we couldn't because of sh1t defending (something that hasn't changed in three years of Rodgers football at the club).

Again, both title challenges were as massive as each other.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-06-2015, 02:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                                Is Sterling having a laugh with his latest behaviour with that laughing gas stuff.

Seems to be he's still living his teenage rebellious years and not growing up.
                                What makes me laugh is that some of the media think he should be allowed to what he wants with no comeback from fans.

Well, he is demanding more money when not performing, he is disrespecting the club that put him on the map, he is not performing for England. With the amount it costs to go to football nowadays, players need to respect fans more by performing on the pitch and if they aren't, ****ing behave off it.

Comment

Working...
                                X