X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Another photo of our happy superstar

Comment

Safe to say he will have a massive sell on clause now. It has to be over 60mil surely, if he can stay fit and the club get through the Christmas period ok then with Suarez in top form there could be real opportunity for them to do something special.

Its still far too early to get carried away but its getting close to the half way point, which suggests clubs around the top are consistent enough to be in the top bunch, barring a collapse. Get Christmas over with a 100% record and the title is theirs to lose

Comment

Gutted we've thrown away our one goal lead when we were looking so good, going to be hard for us to score two in the second half I fear.

Comment

Liverpool FC 2013/14

We were the better team in my opinion and if the linesman had of been paying attention, Sterling's goal would of stood. A few clear cut chances too and a mistake from Mignolet, it could of very easily been a different outcome.

Comment

Yep we should have had three or four really, as with the UFC and Boxing etc, leave anything up to the officials and there's a 50/50 chance you'll get shafted. Gutted we didn't even get a point.

Comment

The league wont be won on the strength of an away fixture at Man City for anybody, top four is still the most important thing to be aiming for and today hasn't done much to dent that chance. Take some cheer in the fact the team did extremely well at a place where most teams have really struggled this year.

Also, it shows the difference in squads. Even when Sterling raced clear from the terrible offside decision I wouldn't have had the confidence in him finishing the chance. I was actually saying that 10 minutes before Sterling did what he did with the open goal. Generally speaking the City players are from a bracket higher up than the similarly positioned Liverpool players, apart from Suarez.

Liverpool are still at the building stages and using young raw players as opposed to the kind of signings City make. Chelsea on Sunday will be extremely important.
              Last edited by Adrock; 26-12-2013, 20:11.

Comment

How quickly things can turn around eh. Didn't expect us to get six points in the last two games, but one win or two draws would have been OK, really need Arsenal and Man City (plus others) to have a poor run now.

Comment

I always had a feeling we'd get close to nothing from the last 2 games. Real tough fixtures. Hard not to look at the league table and see 5th place and Man U right behind us now. Anything less than a win at home next game would be a disaster.

Comment

We've just had a few difficult games, if you count spurs too. It's not a bad place to be in with half a season to go and injured players hopefully soon to return. Look at it as a fight for forth, which I believe will be a very successful season for us if we can end up there. We need to be there for the love of Suarez.

We've done very well so far, playing some really nice football. Unfortunately, so are lots other teams.

Comment

Yeah, when these fixtures were announced we all knew it was going to be extremely tough. Especially over Christmas.

Chelsea, City and to a lesser extent even Spurs have huge expensively assembled squads that can easily cope with these fixture pile ups...

Liverpool, not so much, especially harsh to play two of the title favourites away from home in the space of a few days.

We've played well in both of those games and have been screwed in both by baffling refereeing decisions. It's how we respond now, and pick ourselves up. This next game could be the most important of the season in that regards. With Everton clinging on and UTD gaining a bit of momentum, 4th place is look precarious. Champions League is everything to Liverpool, we can't slip up.

On a plus point, ISTANBUL HERO, Luis Garcia followed me on Twitter last night. Love him.

Comment

Next game, Hull, at home who we lost to a month back and scored six a couple of days ago. Doesn't sound as easy as it should be.

Due to hitting the dizzy heights of top of the table the (my) expectation level has been heightended in the last six weeks, be gutting to throw that all away so quickly, especially with Everton and Man U and even Spurs snapping at our heels.

Fingers crossed for Wednesday and Suarez getting back on the scoresheet.

Comment

I think Liverpool have performed well in the last two games. A clear pen not given yesterday and a terrible offside decision against City on boxing day. Robbed imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                            Due to hitting the dizzy heights of top of the table the (my) expectation level has been heightended in the last six weeks, be gutting to throw that all away so quickly, especially with Everton and Man U and even Spurs snapping at our heels.
                            We (Spurs) play Man Utd next so if you do the business against Hull you'll definitely gain on one of them, or both if it ends up a draw.

Comment

Was hoping for a draw in the Merseyside derby tonight but after 35 minutes it looks a tad unlikely! Liverpool tearing Everton a new one at the moment.

Comment

Cracking game and just rewards for Liverpool, shame Sturridge pissed the penalty and chance up the wall before being substituted.
                                Don't fancy your chances too much tomorrow sorry EJG. Should be plenty of goals and great entertainment for the neutrals.

Comment

Working...
                                X