No announcement yet.

FA Cup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me though going to watch Cardiff on a Saturday having a few drinks with mates is my bread and butter football.
    Surely that doesn't depend on being in the Premier though? I used to go to Bristol Rovers games a lot as my GF at the time was a fan and the league 1/2 matchday experience was no less fun!

Now you feel like this you may as well join us on the other side of the city .
    My passion will never die enough for that Stevie

Comment

Surely that doesn't depend on being in the Premier though? I used to go to Bristol Rovers games a lot as my GF at the time was a fan and the league 1/2 matchday experience was no less fun
      Not to be fair its far better in the Championship more games and more Saturday and Midweek games help break up the week , its more of a supporters day out too where more of the diehard fans go to games (none of the family issues) . Thing is though I was sick to death of seeing even the smaller Premership clubs come in and just take our best players . Sick of the lack of coverage or any sort of respect the Welsh media or most pub chains would give you .
      In the Premiership that's all gone its just totally different and a whole new level and as someone that started watching their team in the old 3rd division with no roof, outside toilets a gate of 1,500 fans (on a good day) hardly any hope of keeping you best players , no hope of winning anything and next to media coverage . I'll be more than happy to finish 17th each year and stay in the Prem

Mind point is though that for the great memories of cup runs , how my team does in the league is far more important to me than going on a mighty cup run

Comment

^^Are you sure? Even Bristol Rovers supporters themselves will admit to being a cynical bunch after so many years of watching their team play.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Its no shock is it ? Big Sam never given the FA cup any respect no matter what Team he takes charge of
          Yeah but not to take away the decent performance by Forest. We looked very decent today and even the ITV pundits said it was the West Ham seniors players that were poor.

Comment

FA Cup has given me some of my best footballing experiences, I was at The Racecourse to see Wrexham beat Arsenal, Chris Waddle's free kick against sheffield united in the FA cup semi final. Fantastic memories that live with you forever.

Comment

FA Cup has given me some of my best footballing experiences
              Same here I loved it, just loved it when Cardiff beat Leeds (and we all hate Leeds scum lol) . To me though its the league that counts more for fans

Comment

Yes I agree, the Gascoigne goal back in 91 or whenever springs to mind as a highlight too.

Bad news for Walcott & Arsenal, won't see him back until September by the sounds of it. Bit a jinxed player injury wise like some always turn out to be.

Comment

Even though it'll make Arsenal big favourites for the cup, I really hope Wigan can hold on. 2-0 away to Man City with 30 minutes to play. It'll be amazing if they can knock them out.

Bloody hell, Wigan held on and did it!
                  Last edited by EJG1980; 09-03-2014, 17:01.

Comment

3rd round draw for the FA Cup draw this evening at 7PM on BBC Two. Hopefully there will be some tasty match-ups!

Doncaster v Bristol City
                    Preston v Norwich City
                    Accrington or Yeovil v Manchester United
                    QPR v Sheffield United
                    Barnsley or Chester v Middlesbrough
                    Chelsea v Watford
                    Cambridge or Mansfield v Bury or Luton
                    Everton v West Ham
                    Scunthorpe or Worcester v Chesterfield
                    Leicester City v Newcastle United
                    Fulham v Wolves
                    Brentford v Brighton & Hove Albion
                    Derby County v Southport
                    Millwall v Bradford City
                    Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
                    Sunderland v Leeds United
                    Bolton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic
                    Cardiff City v Colchester United
                    Oxford or Tranmere v Swansea City
                    Huddersfield Town v Reading
                    Rotherham United v Bournemouth
                    Aston Villa v Blackpool
                    Blyth Spartans v Birmingham City
                    West Brom v Gateshead
                    Aldershot or Rochdale v Nottingham Forest
                    Manchester City v Sheffield Wednesday
                    AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool
                    Dover Athletic v Crystal Palace
                    Charlton v Blackburn Rovers
                    Stoke City v Wrexham
                    Southampton v Ipswich
                    Arsenal v Hull

Nothing too amazing, but a few ties with a bit of history; rematch of last year's final, Burnley vs Spurs the 1962 final and Sunderland vs Leeds from '73.
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 08-12-2014, 18:31.

Comment

Also Wimbledon v Liverpool 88 final?

A nice trip for Louis van gaal though lol

Comment

Villa just missed out on playing Birmingham....love how gutted the Blythe guys were to get them tho

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
                          love how gutted the Blythe guys were to get them tho
                          That was the highlight of the draw! Body language that said "Please be a glamour team, please be a glamour team, please be a glamour team... Birmingham? Oh b******s!"

Originally posted by wod View Post
                          Also Wimbledon v Liverpool 88 final?
                          Hmm, didn't know whether to count that one. I know AFC Wimbledon are the spiritual successor to Wimbledon FC, but they're technically a new side that started in 2002 and the old Wimbledon kept going until 2004, so is it a true rematch? A question to perplex football philosophers for many years to come!

Comment

Absolutely bloody well done Cambridge United! Mid table in the fourth tier and taking the team gourth in the Premier League to a replay. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

This is the best day of football ever.

Comment

Amazing scenes!

Comment

Working...
                                X