No announcement yet.

FA Cup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Southampton, Swansea all being out will make it a pretty open competition, and great for the bank balances of the lower division clubs. Good luck to 'em.

Comment

A day of amazing results but Bradford's win against Chelsea surely tops the lot. A third division side coming from 2-0 against the league leaders, away from home, to win 4-2? Jaw dropping result. A round of applause to all the teams who pulled off an upset today.

Comment

Sign of the times really,...yes the odd one off maybe, but top teams failing everyhwere?

Pundits harp on about how important the cup is and always will be, but the truth is this happens more and more these days. Its just not a big deal anymore.

Comment

Maybe, but most of the top teams did send out pretty decent teams. It's important to those who assume they won't finish in the top five of the PL for sure.

Still being in both cups and the Europa League I dread to think how many games LFC have before May if we do well in all competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
            Still being in both cups and the Europa League I dread to think how many games LFC have before May if we do well in all competitions.
            Something's going to have to give, for sure. I feel like Liverpool will have to make a decision after their next five league matches: Do they continue to pursue top-four or look to try and win the Europa League?

I'm not entirely sure that Brendan can safely assume that winning a domestic cup, or maybe even both, will secure his job if Liverpool aren't in next season's Champions League - it didn't save Kenny.

Comment

Working...
            X