No announcement yet.

Moyes leaves Man Utd - now at Real Sociedad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In times of need, there is but one man to call for.

Brooce.

Vast Premier League experience
    Successful season with Hull
    Ex United
    Cutting edge of tactical nous
    Transfer know-how in obscure markets
    Fat

He will save Man Red from rellygation.

Comment

I don't generally comment on football threads (Everton supporter so no real point!), but I have to say this doesn't really surprise me. Saying that I think some (probably quite a few) of the Man Utd fans attitude stinks in all honesty.

For some reason they seem to think that because its Man U thats gives them an automatic place in the CL, top 4 etc.. I am sorry but the reality is that you still have to play football, and just because Man U have had a great run (under one man no less) that does not mean that at some point it will come to an end.

I am sure they will spring back, but some supporters really do need to get themselves a reality check.

Comment

And after all that, Moyes had a better win percentage at Man U than over his entire Everton tenure.

He inherited a weak squad, that only won last year due to other teams cocking up more, and wasn't given enough time to make them better. Imagine if the same had happened to Sir Alex back in the day...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Imagine if the same had happened to Sir Alex back in the day...
          I know what you're trying to say but you know what football has changed since 1986, United were valued at ?10m then compared to $3bn now that's fundamentally what's changed, why he was sacked and why he wasn't given more time. I'm not saying this is right btw but it's a fact.

Comment

Coral's odds on the next Manager, quite a list!

Louis Van Gaal 4/6
            Carlo Ancelotti 6/1
            Jose Mourinho 14/1
            Jurgen Klopp 16/1
            Diego Simeone 16/1
            Ryan Giggs 20/1
            Antonio Conte 20/1
            Pep Guardiola 20/1
            Steve Bruce 20/1
            Fabio Capello 25/1
            Sir Alex Ferguson 25/1
            Laurent Blanc 25/1
            Carlos Queiroz 25/1
            Joachim Low 25/1
            Michael Laudrup 33/1
            Gary Neville 33/1
            Jupp Heynckes 33/1
            Guus Hiddink 33/1
            Frank De Boer 33/1
            Roberto Martinez 33/1
            Mauricio Pochettino 40/1
            Tony Pulis 66/1
            Frank Rijkaard 66/1
            Roy Hodgson 66/1
            Phil Neville 100/1
            Mark Hughes 100/1
            Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 100/1
            Roy Keane 100/1
            Brendan Rodgers 100/1
            David Beckham 500/1

Comment

Well i did call it, i said he'd be sacked by Christmas, only 4 months out and never ever had faith he was a Utd managerl

Comment

*Man United fans go to line*

'It's got nothing to do with money you don't give your managers enough time'

*Moyes sacked after 10 months*

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Imagine if the same had happened to Sir Alex back in the day...
                  Different times and a different situation. For one, Ferguson didn't inherit the reigning league champions. And two, Ferguson had actually won trophies prior to joining the club. There was more reason to believe he would eventually turn the situation around.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                    Different times and a different situation. For one, Ferguson didn't inherit the reigning league champions. And two, Ferguson had actually won trophies prior to joining the club. There was more reason to believe he would eventually turn the situation around.
                    Also, a lot of people forget, he actually came second in the league in his first season with Man Utd so did actually have a very decent season to raise his stock before the two dodgy ones that followed.

Comment

I have read that moyes is on the list for spurs job.

A good move or not after the disaster at Manchester United ?

Comment

We're looking for someone who can make a strong challenge for a top four place against teams who can blow us out of the water on wages and transfers, and play decent football that the Spurs fans will get behind.

Moyes was supposedly under consideration a couple of years ago before we eventually hired AVB. If we didn't go for him back then I doubt we'd now suddenly think he's the man who fits the above description, especially after his Man Utd experience.

You can never say never in football though!

Oh, to answer the actual question that was asked, I think he'd do well at Spurs but not quite well enough. I don't think he'd be a disaster (I expect he'd keep us in the top six without too much trouble) but I don't think he's got the extra spark or invention you'd need to get Spurs strongly challenging for a top four finish. Also wouldn't be that overjoyed with the style of football we'd likely get.
                        Last edited by EJG1980; 24-04-2014, 14:11.

Comment

Surely the worse joke of the year but I've just heard it.

Klopp has turned down managing Man U due to their players and style of play but his brother Klippity may be interested

Ouch.

Comment

Shush and do some work

Oh and I'm sure QC has worse in his repertoire.

Comment

That was really poor. Even by my standards!

I don't like football, so I don't know many jokes.

Erm...

A blind man in a pub says to the lads "Bring in a football tomorrow & I'll tell you where its from."

The next day three of the regulars bring in a football each. The blind man takes the first football, gives it a shake & says "This ball is from Newcastle, I can hear the Magpies". Everybody in the pub cheered with amazement as he was spot on.

He gave the second ball a shake and said "This ball is from Norfolk, I can hear canaries". The blind, old codger was correct again!

He shakes the 3rd ball & says "This ball is from Sheffield. From Hillsborough if I'm not mistaken".
                              "Wow! How did you know that? Can you hear the owls?" One awe struck lush replied.
                              To which the blind man says "No, its going down."

Comment

I think most people wanted to see Moyes to well. That's what makes this sacking somewhat bittersweet, nobody is particularly happy about it, but most people agree that it was the right decision.

The main overarching problem is the lack of visible hint of what Moyes was actually trying to achieve. Nothing to really buy into, basically. Look at Brendon Rodgers, another manager who also had a rocky start and underwhelming first season. Players and supporters stuck by him because despite all the issues, it was evident what Rodgers was trying to achieve, what his vision was for the club, and what style of football he was trying to instil. He made it clear, and gave people something to buy into, and this ultimately gave him time. The similar cam be said for Roberto Martinez at Everton - he promised Champions League football, but his position is secure because the progress is evident, his philosophy is clear, and people have embraced it.

With Moyes, is was always unclear what he was trying to do with Manchester United, where he was actually leading the club, or what his philosophy was. Worse, he failed to answer the question of how he was going to evolve Manchester United into a club that can compete in Europe. To make matters worse, they became progressively worse during the season, to the point where even those who maintained faith in him struggled to find much basis for this faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X