World Cup - Mens' Football 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup - Mens' Football 2022

Great start for England today: 6 - 2 against Iran.

Pity about the two goals given away but otherwise very good stuff.

Other teams are going to be frightened of our attacking potential and realising focusing in on just neutralising Harry Kane is not going work when such well created and well finished goals as we've seen today are coming so many other ways.

Couldn't have asked for a better Start tbh, was mostly enthused about how fit and on it everyone involved seemed, bodes well.

Comment

Wales managed a 1 - 1 draw, mostly due to their far better second half performance. TBH they actually should have done better with the chances and dominance they had against the US after the game changing half-time substitution but it was not to be.

Comment

Kudos to the Iran team with their non-singing of the national anthem in support of the protests going on in Iran right now. Took real guts to do that as any support for the protests could see them harassed, jailed, or worse, when they return home.

Decent day of football; the England and Wales matches were good to watch, only Senegal vs Netherlands that was a bit of a damp squib, started okay but turned into a bit off a snooze fest.

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
          Kudos to the Iran team with their non-singing of the national anthem in support of the protests going on in Iran right now. Took real guts to do that as any support for the protests could see them harassed, jailed, or worse, when they return home.
          The stones on those boys. I hope they're OK.

Comment

On the evidence of the first half I can’t see how Argentina are one of the pre tournament favorites. And the T-shirt line for offsides is a new one on me.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              On the evidence of the first half I can’t see how Argentina are one of the pre tournament favorites. And the T-shirt line for offsides is a new one on me.
              And what a start to the second half, Saudi Arabia now 2-1 up after two quick-fire (and very good, especially the second) goals!

Edit: They did it, what an upset!
              Last edited by EJG1980; 22-11-2022, 11:09.

Comment

That’s burst a fair few coupons today!

Comment

There have been some really dull matches I've watched which promised more yesterday and today .........................so far.

Croatia look uninspired against Morocco but they do have a tendency to start slow.

Apart from France I've not seen any team that has played as well as England did, particularly in the second half, against Iran.

Comment

I thought the Denmark vs Tunisia match was the best of the 0-0 matches so far.

Germany vs Japan has just taken a big twist with seven minutes to go. Come on Japan!

Excellent, well done Japan! Enjoyable match and a great comeback win for the underdogs.
                    Last edited by EJG1980; 23-11-2022, 14:01.

Comment

Japan deserved that win. Great finish by Asano for the second goal.

Comment

Looks like Spain should be safe from the “big country takes the lead but then loses to a smaller nation” scenario, 3-0 up against Costa Rica after half an hour.

Puts Germany in a tough spot with their next match being against Spain; if Japan beat Costa Rica earlier in the day, Germany would be out if they lost to Spain.

Edit: Canada all over Belgium in the opening half an hour but they can’t put the ball in the net. Another upset on the cards, or will they regret not taking advantage of their dominance? A great watch so far.
                        Last edited by EJG1980; 23-11-2022, 18:33.

Comment

Been a superb few days of football tbh. Belgium look over.

Comment

Belgium lucky to be 1-0 up at HT. Lots of misses by Canada and they should have had a couple more penalties in addition to the one they did get. Belgium score with pretty much one chance.

Comment

Isn't it lovely that this thread title has the word "Men''s" in it? That is lovely to see, well done [MENTION=5818]fallenangle[/MENTION]. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                              X