No announcement yet.

World Cup Football - Womens' 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to predict that result but neither side is outstandingly better than the other, assuming they're all having a good day. It often comes down to who makes less casual errors or more serious mistakes and has a bit of luck too.

I'm regularly worried for that reason by England's captain Millie Bright. She is very capable defender 'most' of the time but once or more a game she'll lose concentration and misjudge a pass or get caught on the back foot. In the midfield that does not matter so much but when you're part of back three..............................no.

It makes me wince every time she dawdles on the ball particularly when the back three insist, against all common sense when they are being high pressed, on passing it up the pitch rather than just hoofing it.

It seemed to me that the England goalkeeper was distributing via the long ball more often than you saw in the other England games.

Comment

Might actually go to the pub to watch the final on Sunday.

Comment

Sweden beat the Aussies today 2 - 0 quite easily in the third place play off. Good enough game to watch and a fair result because the Swedes have arguably been the most consistent and consistently good teams in the tournament.

The Aussies over-performed to even get to the semi-final so even with advantage of being on home soil they've nothing to be too disappointed about. If they continue developing they will be there or there about again and even more dangerous opponents in the future.

Comment

Come on England!

Gah, woodwork, unlucky.

Thought that was a very harsh handball, but the penalty is saved! England need to use that momentum now and get an equaliser.

Ahh, shame What a brilliant effort to get to two consecutive major finals, two wins was just one step too far. Congrats to Spain.
          Last edited by EJG1980; 20-08-2023, 12:11.

Comment

Disappointing, very disappointing.

The Spanish were better in their midfield, holding the ball after they won it and frustrating England with quick pressing when they lost it.

Only when Chloe Kelly and Lauren James came on did it look as though England would fashion a goal but the Spanish defence was good enough to stifle most of those chances and their goalkeeper was always there and effective when England did get a shot on target.

Still Spurs won yesterday against MU so I'm only half depressed by today's result.

Comment

Working...
            X