WANTED: Mac Mini / iMac / MBP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WANTED: Mac Mini / iMac / MBP

Currently I have the latest Santa Rosa 2.2GHz X3100 MacBook which I'm looking to trade or sell, not necessarily on here, for one of the above - if the price is right and as long as the machine will run Tiger.

Ideally, the CPU would be a C2D as these support 3GB+ RAM (even the Mini, albeit unofficially). Santa Rosa MacBook Pros are fine as they can support 4GB RAM and run Tiger. Likewise Alu iMacs. I would possibly go for the previous gen MacBooks (2.16 C2D) also.

So if you're looking to offload before these machines get their expected refresh soon, or have one to trade for my MacBook please do PM me or reply here.

Thanks.

pm'd ref Imac Alu

Comment

A bit of a speculative message, but I have a 2.0GHz Core 2 Mac Mini (originally from the refurb store) that I upgraded to 4GB of 667MHz RAM. It comes with Tiger, and I've already successfully updated it. What sort of deal can you offer?

Comment

About that 4GB RAM - the Mini's don't run Santa Rosa boards (yet) so I'm assuming the machine will only see (despite what System Profiler might say) and use 3.3GB maximum like the previous SR iMacs?

Comment

Yeah, you're right. Tiger recognises that 4GB is present, but only 3.3GB is usable.

Comment

Working...
          X