WTD to borrow: spare "3" phone SORTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTD to borrow: spare "3" phone SORTED

Anyone got a spare phone that works with the 3 network? I just want to try it out with a free sim to see how well it works in my house and then I'll send it back to you. I'll pay your postage costs. Thanks!

Or if anyone knows stuff about unlocking, how easy is it to get a vodafone unlocked so it will work with the 3 sim? According to the 3 site, I just ring vodafone, but is it really that easy? I'm dubious.

You could try this:

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

If that doesn't work I'm sure I can sort you out with a phone to borrow. Just let me know pal.

Comment

Thanks my man. I did the vodafone link above and they emailed to say it doesn't need unlocking
          Weird that - it's a vodafone branded phone supplied under contract, so I just presumed it would be locked. I quick check with my virgin sim shows otherwise. Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Thanks my man. I did the vodafone link above and they emailed to say it doesn't need unlocking
            Weird that - it's a vodafone branded phone supplied under contract, so I just presumed it would be locked. I quick check with my virgin sim shows otherwise. Doh!

looks like you found out but a heads up for everybody else as of mid 2009ish all vodafone contract phones are shipped unlocked with the exception of the iphones i believe due to apple policy

Comment

I beamed off an email to virgin about unlocking my normal phone too. After 5 days or so, I got a phone call saying let's do it, what are the IMEI etc (even though I supplied all that in the email) and then "That'll be £15".....

"Phone only cost £10. Presumed it would be free. Stick it..."

Comment

Working...
              X