No announcement yet.

Buy 1 get 1 free with blu-ray at Amazon.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be interesting to see just how many people do have to pay extra for them and what postage options they used.

Once they start turning up feel free to post how it worked out so that we can build up an idea of how it works for future offers on that site.

Comment

Another way round it is to order one of the titles which isn't currently in stock, then select 'ship seperately.' I wanted three titles - Edward Scissorhands, Day After Tomorrow and From Hell. Edward was showing as not in stock, so I ordered that with Day After Tomorrow - two seperate packages, both under the customs limit. I then ordered From Hell with Castaway (also currently out of stock - and I'll stick on Ebay) in a seperate order.

Admittedly it's a bit of a pain if, like me, you don't actually want one of the titles, but it will get round customs as long as Amazon do what I've selected, i.e ship the items seperately.

The titles currently in the offer but OOS are The Terminator, Mr & Mrs Smith, Castaway and Edward Scissorhands.

Now, I really fancy Rescue Dawn - but really don't want to order Mr & Mrs Smith lol - shall I be good or succumb to temptation?

PS - Cheers for the heads up on the offer John.
      Last edited by TonyDA; 02-01-2008, 19:56.

Comment

Ppff...

I was just thinking ahead!

After all, who is it that generally picks up the majority used blu-rays on the trade forum at rock bottom prices?

Comment

This isn't a bad deal actually. I wouldn't mind getting the die hard movies.

How long is shipping from their .com site?

Comment

Shipping's usually 7-14 days for me, though it always seems quicker if there's a customs charge added....

Comment

Cheers

Comment

anyone had theirs turn up yet?

Just picked up my first from the PO, Terminator, arrived in a box that could probably fit at least 15 dvds, lol!

Comment

Yeah they do put them in MASSIVE boxes - always end up getting a bloody PO slip as they wont fit in the letterbox :/

Comment

Off topic but the worst place for stupid boxes is Dabs.com. Two times I've ordered cables from them (HDMI & USB) and each time they turned up in a box about 15"x15"x15"!!!

The HDMI cable wasn't even boxed inside so it was just a cable and a room full of bubble wrap.

Comment

Just got three of the four films I ordered on the 2nd January the other one is MIA at the minute hope it will turn up tomorrow.
                      No customs charges though and it was clearly marked up on the side.

*Edit*

Last one turned up this morning safe and sound.
                      Last edited by Neil; 19-01-2008, 11:16.

Comment

Working...
                      X