• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[17/07/08] Amazon (USA) Blu-ray Deals

They now have a new Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer for 109 films including:
    Reservoir Dogs - $20:95/£10:48
    Edward Scissorhands - $20:95/£10:48
    The Fly - $20:95/£10:48

They've also got all three MI films at that price so you can get the trilogy for just over £20.

Remember though that postage isn't free with Amazon.

Check here to see which are region free.

Remember the import tax risk of having a pre-sale total price of over $35:00 (£18:00).

Keep it below that and you'll be fine, people seem to be fine going over generally but the risk is you will be charged.
    Last edited by JP; 17-07-2008, 20:13. Reason: Changed title...

thanks for this was waiting for amazon to run another promotion again

Comment

Last time I bought from Amazon (Three for two offer) the value was a fair bit more than £18 (Over £30 if I remember correctly) and no sign of any import tax. Goods came in via Germany - are they using that to reduce the chances of getting hit?

EDIT: Ordered Hellboy, 3:10 to Yuma and Apocalypto.
      Last edited by Number45; 28-05-2008, 07:36.

Comment

Originally posted by vercity View Post
        thanks for this was waiting for amazon to run another promotion again
        They quite often have sales on Amazon but occassionally they'll do one that's a little bigger. You should keep checking on there to see what turns up.

The listed films are at around the 50 copies mark and I'm not sure if they'll keep replacing them so it's worth ordering early to make sure you get what you want.

I only ordered Eyes Wide Shut as I already own most of the stuff in it that I want. It's not exactly a favourite of mine but I'm not going to refuse it for around ?7 to complete my collection of Kubrick BDs.

Comment

Blimey! That Blade Runner (Five-Disc Complete Collector's Edition) is a steal, for anyone who hasn't already got it.

Comment

Is it worthwhile to use Expedited Shipping, it's only £2 more, but do you think that would increase the chances of it getting stung at customs?

Comment

Wow there are some awesome prices on there!

By pre-sale do you mean before shipping? So just adding the price of the Blurays themselves together?

Woww, just added one to the cart to see what price it all was but realised that delivery is like up to 36 days it said!?
              Last edited by Rossco; 08-06-2008, 22:21.

Comment

It means the list price for each film, they all have a list price at the top of the listings. Have a look and 300 has a list price of $34:99.

You may well get away with ordering more though or just order something and wait until it's dispatched before ordering another.

They aren't very quick if you go for the cheap postage, it's around 2 weeks normally.

It's also worth checking MovieTyme as they quite often have a few cheap ones. This link will take you to their region free stuff sorted by price to find some bargains, they do free postage too but you can pay for faster postage.

Comment

30 odd BDs for $15 each!

Comment

There's some good stuff on there, it's a shame Lost is region locked though.

I'm going to change the title of this thread as there's no sign of Amazon stopping deals like these.

Comment

Changed the first post to include the latest deal...

2 for $30:00, 39 films including:

Comment

Just checking, do amazon factor in shipping cost to the overall value when declaring for customs? Was about to buy the Batman Begins blu-ray set from playusa but the ****ers have increased it to ?30! It's just under ?18 on amazon but the shipping charge bumps it up to ?20.

Anyone know how long amazon.com take to ship to the UK btw? The estimated time is 9-36 days rather amazingly, but is that accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                          Just checking, do amazon factor in shipping cost to the overall value when declaring for customs? Was about to buy the Batman Begins blu-ray set from playusa but the ****ers have increased it to £30! It's just under £18 on amazon but the shipping charge bumps it up to £20.

Anyone know how long amazon.com take to ship to the UK btw? The estimated time is 9-36 days rather amazingly, but is that accurate?
                          You would be fine to order

As long as it is below $35.26, before shipping, which is the current allowance (£18 @ HMRC current exchange rate)

I usually get deliveries from them in 10 day to 2 weeks

However, cheaper from Tower.com at $36.87 delivered, and delivery is quicker in my experience

Tower Records is back! Swing by TowerRecords.com where you can find over 350,000 Titles on Vinyl LP, Cassette Tape, Compact Disc, Exclusive Merchandise + More!

Comment

Cool, will order from them then - what are tower like with shipping times? Do they mark down at all, or will they declare the value accurately? How are items generally packaged? Would rather avoid a jiffy bag if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              Cool, will order from them then - what are tower like with shipping times? Do they mark down at all, or will they declare the value accurately? How are items generally packaged? Would rather avoid a jiffy bag if possible.
                              I have had three orders from Tower so far, dispatch had been a little slow (2 days, even when in stock) but I recieved all three within a week from order. I think the declaration is rounded down to the nearest $$. All my items have come in a thin cardboard box, not great but all have been fine

Comment

Working...
                              X