Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HMV Re-play (or whatever they're calling it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMV Re-play (or whatever they're calling it)

Was in HMV (Argyle St, Glasgow branch) today and they're having another crack at the pre-owned market. Got big orange shelves for each platform with a fair selection of titles.

Thing is, what they're doing (and confirmed this with member of staff) to start off and get a few games on the shelves, is selling some of their new stock as pre-owned.

I picked up Okami (Wii) for ?16.98 and Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins (psp) for ?5.98 both brand new.

There were a few bargains on each format but I reckon it will depend on each store.

Thing with most of HMV's stock is that it doesn't come sealed, so you'd probably be hard pressed to tell the difference between new and pre-owned anyway due to the amount of shelf wear each case goes through, not to mention the fact that disks and manuals are kept in paper sleeves in cupboards behind the counters, hardly ideal storage...

Comment

Did they have any other PSP stuff going cheap? I did see a whole bunch of umd movies in zavvi for a fiver each (all the harry potters for £25 will do nicely for the flight over to Japan).

Comment

Yeah, they had quite a few. A common price was ?7.98, for this they had Sega Rally, EA Replay, Midway Arcade Treasures and a good few others. Nothing earth shattering but for those prices you can't really complain.

Also noticed they had R-Type Tactics in their 2 for ?30 section.

Comment

UMDs can be had for much less online, think it was amazon that were offing them for just over a quid.

When you have gamestation in-store doing 3 for £10, you know they've hit bottom of barrel prices.

Comment

Well there are bargains to be found.
            I grabbed Digital Devil Saga 2 Collectors Edition with the music CD for ?4.98.
            Both were incredibly mint condition, so I assume the first wave of pre-owned is new stock reduced, so get in quick.

Comment

Some deals in the meadowhall branch
              Neo geo battle colliseum £4
              Dynasty warriors orochi £4

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                Well there are bargains to be found.
                I grabbed Digital Devil Saga 2 Collectors Edition with the music CD for ?4.98.
                Both were incredibly mint condition, so I assume the first wave of pre-owned is new stock reduced, so get in quick.
                It is. In most cases the cellophane has been removed and the prices changed but that's it. Most of the games have never left their cases.

Comment

Working...
                X